BlueIris AI Alerting Issue - Not Skipping Action

General discussion about Blue Iris
nukelover89

BlueIris AI Alerting Issue - Not Skipping Action

Post by nukelover89 »

Hey all,

I have a custom device (a hacked motion-activated trash-can lid) that opens and closes based on AI detections of my cats; one cat is allowed access to wet food while another is not. This device is controlled by alerts generated from a custom model running on CodeProject.AI and triggered via MQTT by BI. BI will issue commands to "open" the device when "darcy" is detected but close it if "madisyn" is detected. The close action is setup to "skip" if Darcy is also detected; it's this last part that is not working. If Darcy is present (but not moving much or at all), and Madisyn walks through the frame, BI is still issuing the command to close; and sometimes ends up closing it on darcy's head while he's eating. I initially disabled static object analysis, thinking maybe it was marking him that way, but it didn't seem to help. I have the closing alert setup like so (I have tried "Skip with" set to both "madisyn+darcy" as well as "madisyn,darcy" and neither works):

When this occurred again, I was able to look at the AI analysis and it seems both cats are being correctly detected by the model, but only Madisyn's detection is marked as "confirmed" by BI:

I haven't been able to find what the icon next to the "darcy: 95% [A]" detection means in the help docs but based on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qo2tEE_2rc), I believe it's just a standard "motion detected" icon. Here are my AI settings for this camera, please note that as mentioned I have static object analysis off:

I have two zones setup, but none of the AI alerts are configured to take the zones into account:

Zone A:

Zone B:

As for when I alert, I am triggering them when the camera gets new triggers or is retriggered. This was to handle the case when Madisyn is present, but Darcy shows up to eat (I wanted the device to open in that case). However, I'm not sure if this re-triggering logic is then ignoring objects detected in the previous triggers. If so, that may explain why this is occurring (since Darcy would have already been detected when Madisyn walks across the frame):

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to keep this trigger logic in BI but if I can't get this working I'm thinking I may move this logic over to NodeRed and just having BI push the raw AI events to it via MQTT.

Thanks in advance!
TimG

Re: BlueIris AI Alerting Issue - Not Skipping Action

Post by TimG »

Hi, this is so far out it's incredible. Would it help if CPAI kept checking rather than stopping on the first identified cat ? You can force that by putting something like "boat" in "To cancel".

Keep up the good work :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
nukelover89

Post by nukelover89 »

TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:30 pm Hi, this is so far out it's incredible. Would it help if CPAI kept checking rather than stopping on the first identified cat ? You can force that by putting something like "boat" in "To cancel".

Keep up the good work :lol:
:D Thanks! One cat has RX wet food, and it's too expensive to let the other eat it too. If I'm reading the AI analysis correctly, it looks like CPAI is identifying both cats (both have 95% confidence); but for some reason BI doesn't seem to register this when it comes to determining if an alert action should be skipped or not. Your suggestion is interesting though, I'm not sure it will prevent my issue, but I could certainly try it; I don't expect any boats coming through my kitchen anytime soon.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Exceptionally cool.

One possibility for introducing additional flexibility in the triggering options would be to clone the existing camera and modify it's triggering/AI behavior in the cloned configuration to only perform the action that seems elusive in the master camera's config. I'm not certain how CPAI behaves under cloned conditions, particularly in direct complimentary conjunction with a clone master's functionality, but I sure can't think of a better scenario than this one to find out! Unless, of course, a solution has already been found for the problem.