Reolink Gotchas

YrbkMgr

Re: Firmware defaults changed

Post by YrbkMgr »

RichardU wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:30 pm I just updated my 820A with the latest firmware and lost the signal in Blue Iris. Reolink support tells me the newest versions of firmware have RTSP/ONVIF ports disabled as default. So you need to go to Network Settings >> Advanced >> Port Settings Set up >> and turn on RTMP, RTSP and ONVIF.

After that, in Blue Iris, Find/Inspect will correctly set up this camera.
Thanks for posting that information!
gheradu

Re: Reolink Gotchas

Post by gheradu »

red_iris wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:52 am I just spent a few nights setting up two RLC-823a and I finally have it dialed in. Patrol with auto track on motion, deepstack and a few other things. Very nice so far.

I had "grey screens" when using the main stream for deepstack and also when using hardware acceleration. Turned both off and have been steady for 2 days. It was happening bad for me every time a motion trigger happened with deepstack running.

I can post my settings if anyone is interested. The people at ipcamtalk seem to think Reolink doesn't work with Blue Iris. It looks like keyframes have been fixed with firmware along with the auto-tracking which works great IMO for the price. Yes, the night time FPS drops and you can't control that, which is really my only complaint. I do believe there is a way to trick the camera though, but you'll get insane ghosting due to low light. The IR is nice for my rear yard cam though, fun to watch critters.

For the price, I think it's pretty great. Lots of features and great picture quality. Haters gonna hate ;)
Hello

I just install my RLC-823a yesterday, the stream was working in BI but no PTZ so I have upgraded firmware to the last one 3.1.0.804 and now is not working anymore, no signal in BI :(
Please, can you share how you manage, thank you!
gheradu

Post by gheradu »

gheradu wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:06 am
red_iris wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:52 am I just spent a few nights setting up two RLC-823a and I finally have it dialed in. Patrol with auto track on motion, deepstack and a few other things. Very nice so far.

I had "grey screens" when using the main stream for deepstack and also when using hardware acceleration. Turned both off and have been steady for 2 days. It was happening bad for me every time a motion trigger happened with deepstack running.

I can post my settings if anyone is interested. The people at ipcamtalk seem to think Reolink doesn't work with Blue Iris. It looks like keyframes have been fixed with firmware along with the auto-tracking which works great IMO for the price. Yes, the night time FPS drops and you can't control that, which is really my only complaint. I do believe there is a way to trick the camera though, but you'll get insane ghosting due to low light. The IR is nice for my rear yard cam though, fun to watch critters.

For the price, I think it's pretty great. Lots of features and great picture quality. Haters gonna hate ;)
Hello

I just install my RLC-823a yesterday, the stream was working in BI but no PTZ so I have upgraded firmware to the last one 3.1.0.804 and now is not working anymore, no signal in BI :(
Please, can you share how you manage, thank you!
All solved after downloading the latest Reolink Windows App where can enable all the ports including Onvif and now all works perfect including PTZ
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Thanks for the follow up!
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
kurt

Post by kurt »

I just recieved my RLC-832a today and would love to get the settings you suggested. I got the camera running on blue iris but its supper laggy.
CyberDynamite

Post by CyberDynamite »

varghesesa wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:34 pm E1 Pro

Unfortunately, E1 Pro only has the RTSP interface. Users have stated the RTSP connection is still bad, constantly disconnecting over time. According to the user you can prevent this insane disconnect thrashing by manually setting the Video -> Image Format -> Max Rate to 1 FPS below the actual configured FPS of the Camera. I have the camera at 7FPS fluent, 8FPS clear, so I set Blue Iris to expect 6 fps. With that, the disconnect issue magically goes away. (Sounds to me like the Reolink hardware cannot push more than 8 fps continuously like BI prefers. Hopefully, new firmware updates will improve the user experience)

Sounds like Decoder compatibility mode is providing better results. Users are saying so for 810 series and now also for the E1 Pro. Test with the setting on/off to determine best results.

e1-pro-onvif_optimized.jpg
Hello,

I'm trying to see what's in the e1-pro-onvif_optimized.jpg file but I can't see the file at all? Is it missing?

Can somebody post it back please?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'm afraid they were lost in the July server crash. A lot of really useful information gone :cry:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
angryatthetimespent

Post by angryatthetimespent »

TimG wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:03 pm I'm afraid they were lost in the July server crash. A lot of really useful information gone :cry:
Why am I not the slightest bit suprised to hear that? What a joke. I haven't had so many problems with a piece of software since last time I paid money for software, about 20 years ago. Hey, who needs backups anyways.

TimG

Post by TimG »

First post = flaming ? Noted.
If you had asked questions rather than adding an off topic rant here, you would be in a better place and we could try to help you.
BI5 is complicated. It is also powerful. The server crash proved that the existing forum back up method was flawed at HQ, as they thought it was sorted and it wasn't. Now fixed.
This software is awesome. So good I I bought it twice. With my own money.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
angryatthetimespent

Post by angryatthetimespent »

TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:48 am First post = flaming ? Noted.
Noted? For what purpose? Will you not be helping me now? Good, I did you a favor. Go enjoy your Saturday instead working as a free employee for a company who happens to charge for support.
TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:48 am If you had asked questions rather than adding an off topic rant here, you would be in a better place and we could try to help you.
Again, are you saying? I won’t be helped now? I am perfectly capable of searching the forum for answers to the same questions I have. No need, but thank you. I'm sorry if it came off as a rant, but I assure you it was simply a couple of opinionated sentences after my evening fixing what I didn't break. You're response was more than 2x what my rant was, just an observation.
TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:48 am BI5 is complicated. It is also powerful.
It's actually not very complicated at all. It is however scattered and disorganized and lacking in good documentation that is clear and concise, yet contains a lot of finger pointing and blame shifting for why things don't work right. What's worse, updates that break a config that ppl spend hours fine tuning. Do BI developers feel they know better and think they should tinker with their users configs? Or is it more flawed methods? I don't appreciate having my config messed up after paying good money and spending many hours getting it working properly.
TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:48 am The server crash proved that the existing forum back up method was flawed at HQ, as they thought it was sorted and it wasn't. Now fixed.
Backup method at HQ? This is off the shelf phpBB forum software with a baked-in tried and true backup system. 1,000's of forum admins would agree. It's not complicated, I assure you. There is no need for a method. It’s pretty much hands off, self driving type of thing,.
TimG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:48 am This software is awesome. So good I I bought it twice. With my own money.
I don't want to be rude but that sentence has me cringing. I wasn’t even going to reply, but you sucked me in with that comment lol. Bro, they don't even give you a free license? Twice?? You're working the Saturday morning shift: What are you doing Tim??. You're better than this. You gotta find something else to donate your time too. There''s an entire open source world that is calling your name. Your time would be well spent and people would actually appreciate you spending it. If you thought I was ranting before, I can only imagine what this sounds like. I don’t really care that much about BI, I’m not angry or ranting. I just value my time and was a little frustrated. What I care about is you Tim, and your time is just as valuable. Don't waste it. Enjoy your day brother..
Last edited by angryatthetimespent on Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.