Alerts in clip column not showing up for single camera

General discussion about Blue Iris
rayjay

Alerts in clip column not showing up for single camera

Post by rayjay »

Oddly in the clip window for BI, it shows the alerts for all the cameras and not just the one I have selected. When I toggle the small 1 icon ( which used to alternate between all clips and just the selected clip) it shows no clips until I unselect it and then I see clips for all the cams again. Must be a setting that changed?
TimG

Re: Alerts in clip column not showing up for single camera

Post by TimG »

Which version of BI5 ? It could be a database error. Does the Log show anything ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
rayjay

Post by rayjay »

Version: Release 5.4.9.18 x64
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Select "Selected camera only" in the bar above the alert menu.
Attachments
selected camera only.JPG
selected camera only.JPG (79.14 KiB) Viewed 18293 times
rayjay

Post by rayjay »

I have that selected but it does not isolate the selected camera's clips. The column goes blank and says empty list.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The camera of interest may simply not have any alert clips available for viewing during the day selected on the calendar..., or may not have alerts enabled in its configuration.

Try selecting 'All Cameras' for viewing in the clips list to see if there are any clips for the camera of interest which may be from any of the other possible reasons for a clip being generated (other than from an alert). Simple motion detection will still create a clip if the camera is only configured for motion detection without any other specific trigger sources or alerts being involved.

Check the stats for the camera in question to see if any triggers are listed. My guess is no -- or at least not for the time period of interest. There may well be clips listed, not just from triggers or alerts. The timeline should also reflect any existing triggers/alerts that would have generated a clip for the particular camera.
rayjay

Post by rayjay »

This is happening with all cameras. There lots of clips available and they show up when I deselect the small 1 icon in the clip column. I see a chronological listing of all clips from all cameras regardless of whether I have "all clips" selected or just alerts listed. As soon as I select the 1 icon, they disappear and the column just shows empty list. Weird
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Try re-selecting a single camera after activating the 'selected camera only' feature. I presume you're selecting the camera of interest from the main desktop window and a day with content is selected on the calendar?

How about the timeline? Any alerts there?
rayjay

Post by rayjay »

Okay I tried what you suggested. I selected a single camera after activating the 'selected camera only' feature. And yes I am using the main desktop window and a day with content that is selected on the calendar.
On the timeline, it mirrors what is happening ie all the clips show up when the " selected camera only' is deselected and they all disappear when the " selected camera only' button is selected.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Good morning.

The method you describe should do what you'd expect it to do.

Any chance you've modified the storage structure or changed folder names or anything like that? It almost seems like the clips are simply not being located (or indexed) correctly for retrieval using the particular function.

Does the clip viewer work as expected for playing a selected clip otherwise?