Scaling issues in UI3 when moving back timeline?

General discussion about Blue Iris
Cheezus

Scaling issues in UI3 when moving back timeline?

Post by Cheezus »

UPDATE: Solved! Enable "Force height/aspect on console" in the right click menu when in camera layout edit mode on the BI server. Here's the setting.

Just posting here to see if anyone else is having this issue, I've already sent an email about it but it's taking a while to receive a response.

When focusing on a camera and viewing it live, the stream correctly fills as much of the screen as possible, as seen in the following screenshot.

However, when I move the play head back in time, the video shrinks in size in the playback area as you can see here.

This happens with multiple cameras - Reolink and Amcrest. This bug does not affect exported videos, and does not happen on the actual BI server computer when viewing footage there. It only happens in UI3. To my knowledge it's only been happening in the last month or so, but I'm not sure if it's a setting I changed, or a BI update that broke it.

This also does not happen when in the "main" view with all cameras showing at once - it is only when focusing on a particular camera.
Last edited by Cheezus on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Re: Scaling issues in UI3 when moving back timeline?

Post by TimG »

Well I can't find out how to do that :lol:

I suspected it might be a camera that changes resolution when triggered, but mine is still OK with them (BI5 v5.8.0.0).

Wow.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

By what means is UI3 being accessed when this occurs?
Cheezus

Post by Cheezus »

Pogo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:27 am By what means is UI3 being accessed when this occurs?
I'm accessing it with Google Chrome with devices on my local network. Happens on two different PCs, and on my android phone when viewing the webpage there.
TimG

Post by TimG »

When you say it happens with multiple cameras, does it happen with ALL cameras ?

While we are here, if you change the colour for the border on each camera, the timeline for all cameras will become a colourful place :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Cheezus

Post by Cheezus »

TimG wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:06 am When you say it happens with multiple cameras, does it happen with ALL cameras ?

While we are here, if you change the colour for the border on each camera, the timeline for all cameras will become a colourful place :mrgreen:
Yeah I should've said, it's all 4 cameras I have doing it. This only became a problem around when I added the 4th camera, but for the life of me I don't know what setting I would've accidentally changed that would do this.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

The date/time also disappears, pretty strange.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Can you try:

1. a different browser,
2. right clicking on the small image to see if there any settings awry ?

There is always the email to Support, but if you do that please let us know the answer so we know next time :geek:
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

My guess is that it is a resource management aspect of UI3 similar to resolutions changing to accommodate low bandwidth conditions. A simple test for that may be to remove the recently added camera and see if the condition remains.

As mentioned, a different browser may also yield a different result. Chrome certainly has a mind of its own on occasion, though the same thing happening on a phone as on two separate PCs would seem to indicate it's something else inherent in UI3 itself.
Cheezus

Post by Cheezus »

I found it! I guess I accidentally disabled this option when messing around with the layout of the cameras. Thanks for the ideas everyone.