Over quota error

General discussion about Blue Iris
jdblueiris

Over quota error

Post by jdblueiris »

I am running W11 with 16 GB ram 500GB c drive and 2 12 T video drives. I am doing some tuning so I moved my BI New and alerts to the C drive, then I deleted and regenerated the DB. Under Bi Storage I limited the size to 10 GB for New and 10 GB for Alerts and I clicked the clip age to 0 days 4 hours. I havew plenty of space left on the c drive but I am getting this over quota error. Any tips/suggestions?
TimG

Re: Over quota error

Post by TimG »

Hi,
1. Which version of BI5 ?
2. What does the Log show.
3. Try a delete regen db.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jdblueiris

Post by jdblueiris »

Bi 5.7.9.12 I am trying to regen now thank you
jdblueiris

Post by jdblueiris »

The delete and regenerate finished but the drive over quota error is still there. I checked the log but do not see any mention of a quota error in the log
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

If you’ve got 2 12Tb drives why have you set New to only 10Gb?
jdblueiris

Post by jdblueiris »

I only set the limit to 10GB for new & 10GB for alerts that I am storing on my C drive which is 500GB. When it hits 10GB it moves it to My V drive. The videos can stay on my V drive for 8 days then they get moved to my z drive for another 8 days.
TimG

Post by TimG »

What size are your clip files set to. May be a couple of them would exceed 10GB. I think there will be a relevant warning in the log. Just make New 50GB and see if the warning goes away.
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Over quota error

Post by IAmATeaf »

You do realise 10Gb for video is really nothing at all, your system will be using resources to move clips around drives. You mention a V and W drive, are these drives physically in the BI PC?

If they are local drives then reconfigure your system to write the clips directly to the drives so no moving of clips. Split the cams across the drives so that you have some sort of redundancy. By this I mean, if you have 2 cams at the front or back of the house, set one to write to 1 drive, the other to write the other. That way if a drive fails then you at least have the clips from one view.

For the drives and BI storage, don’t set a clip age, let BI manage the space so it will delete older clips as it needs the space to write new clips.

I should add, this is just a recommendation and the way that I do things. I have read of others using the SSD for storage and then moving with the reason that the reviewing clips is snappier but I personally in my rig haven’t had or noticed any real lags?
TimG

Post by TimG »

To put it simply, if all of your cameras are set to create 4GB clip files, and you have four cameras, then your "New" folder would need to be a minimum of 4 x 4GB = 16GB. It needs some thought.
Forum Moderator.
jdblueiris

Post by jdblueiris »

Thank you this is helpful. Just fyi I have been looking in the help area before posting my questions. I have a better understanding of the over allocation issue and how to view drive allocation in BI. The information in this thread is also helpful. Yes, the drives are installed internal to my BI PC which is dedicated to just running BI.