All alerts

General discussion about Blue Iris
beastrado

All alerts

Post by beastrado »

Hi everyone,

Just wanting some setup advice. I have my cameras setup for continuous recording and to only alert me via pushover when someone comes to the front door. This has been great.

My neighbour was broken into someone over the past week, and for the future I would like to have my cameras setup so it flags any movement it detects, but doesn't notify me. That way when I'm trying to find something that happened (eg the break in that happened sometime over the last week) I can flick through flags/alerts and pinpoint a time, rather than sifting through days of continuous footage.

Hope that makes sense.
broachoski

Re: All alerts

Post by broachoski »

Keep your recordings CONTINUOUS and do not use Continuous - Triggered or Alerts.
When you add a camera it normaly has "Enable Motion Detector" checked on the first screen.
You can enable it on the cameras Trigger tab by checking "Motion Sensor" CONFIGURE will let you tweek sensitivity.
In the Alerts tab, select Fire when "This camera is triggered"
The alerts should show on the side screen.
When you need to go back in time, right click main screen and select "Show Timeline View"
and it will show markers where the video was triggered to help in locating desired activity.
beastrado

Re: All alerts

Post by beastrado »

Thanks for the reply! Will this send all notifications to me but?