Needing help with Mobile Connection

Pracydna

Needing help with Mobile Connection

Post by Pracydna »

I recently upgraded my PC and it took awhile for BI to get back to me with the serial number, but they did after a couple days. So I got that all activated again, but for some reason, I can not view my cameras from my iPhone now, unless I'm on WIFI at home. I've literally searched for hours and can't seem to come up with anything and would greatly appreciate any and all help with this. *** Please note, trying to use the BI mobile app***
TimG

Re: Needing help with Mobile Connection

Post by TimG »

Did the old pc have a static IP address ? Does the new pc have the same IP address ? I'm wondering if you have port forwarding set up in your router to the old address.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Re: Needing help with Mobile Connection

Post by IAmATeaf »

As above, did you previously use a VPN or have the Bi port forwarded.

If you log into your router looks for anything with port forwarding or uPNP and see if you can see the IP address of the old BI PC in there.

You could also try using the BI wizard, run through it step by step as that will add the required port for forwarding using uPNP, this will get you out of you current predicament but you should seriously read up about using OpenVPN or maybe even zerotier as forwarding port poses a security risk.