Lack of Alert images on left of screen

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Lack of Alert images on left of screen

Post by TimG »

I've been noodling on this for a week or so. I didn't seem to have many Alerts on the left of the screen, sometimes only a few hours. Since I knew BI5 was actually recording normally, I put it onto the "Get a round tuit" list. Well today was the day that I found one and used it...

Findings were:

1. Alert images are in the "Alerts" folder. They are small, between 20 to 110KB.
2. DAT files are there too. 3MB+ each.
3. "Alerts" storage is set to be 1GB in general settings.
4. Folder is indeed 1GB approx.
5. There were 980MB of DAT files :shock: They were turned on for ALL cameras.
6. Turned them off on all cameras. Deleted all DAT files.

Looking forward to a long and useful Alerts list :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Re: Lack of Alert images on left of screen

Post by IAmATeaf »

I don’t use AI but shouldn’t BI be tidying this up?
TimG

Post by TimG »

It does. 1GB size limit, and a belt and braces 31 days to get rid of anything else that stuck to the sides. The DAT files were ALL from today and yesterday, and hence filled up the Alerts folder :o

Just another little Gotcha to think about when things don't seem quite right.

Another one has been that BI5 stopped sending emails via Gmail a few weeks ago. I've just created a bi5@TimGsdomain email address for BI5, and it's looking good. That one was for CPAI to identify UNKNOWN faces if they approach the front door Reolink doorbell camera, and then BI5 to email out images and a 30 second video. It worked well for a few weeks :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

A thing that annoys me no end are alert notifications sent to my phones, the image in the notification, it works randomly and then stops with no changes whatsoever.

Then sometimes I’ll get the image when on my home lan and today, home lan no good but I get images if connected externally via mobile data?
louyo

Post by louyo »

Interesting, I was about to post similar. I have been playing rebuild the database roulette getting different results, may be tied to my changing updates.
After recent db delete rebuild:
I am still evaluating but suspect it has to do with AI.
1. Alerts on cameras using AI are mostly gone, including cancelec
2. Alerts on the cameras not using AI seem OK.
3. All the recording are in the Stored folder and using "all clips" shows them.

Still checking. I am thinking about turning off all AI and doing the db again. 13TB sigh.
Edit: Camera with no AI, same problem, no alerts.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Well, the alert thing is a complete disaster here, not sure what I will do. The alerts (DAT files) are there in the alert folder OK. I can drop them on the AI tab and see the result. Some cameras show some alerts, seems like worst case is with the Web GUI. One camera shows many alerts, all timed as today 7:00PM, mixes in the cancelled alerts as well alerts, although I turned off all AI earlier today. I am suspicious that it was brought on by putting some more cameras under CPAI. Previously, I only had it on 3 cameras that were getting false alerts from headlights. On top of it all, when I tried to go back to the June 28 (which I had been running), it just opened/closed. So, for the time being it is at the 08/4 "stable" version. I will watch alerts for the rest of the weekend, I am finished trying to rebuild the database, takes about an hour.
I guess it is back to square one.
edit: screen shot of one of the cameras with alert problem. Looks like current alerts OK, I submitted a service request.
Attachments
backintime.PNG
backintime.PNG (61.01 KiB) Viewed 1329 times