database corruption (again)

louyo

Post by louyo »

OK, so the database was a little flakey so I did a rebuild. BUT, before that I updated BI5 from the 06/28 update to the 5.7.8.3 (08/04) update. Now I have some alerts date 1969...
What version are you guys running? Before rebuilding the database (Folder is at 13TB) I might as well go back to something more stable, although the 5.7.8.3 is supposed to be such.
Thanks.

Lou
Pogo

Re: database corruption (again)

Post by Pogo »

I upgraded to 5.7.4.2 from a 5.5.x.x version back in April, albeit rather reluctantly after two previous upgrade disasters that both required roll backs to the 5.5.

It went without a hitch and has been rock solid since. It also still allows for the sub 5 second pre-trigger buffer setting which many are now complaining about being raised to a 5 second minimum..., which I still call BS.

The 5.7.4.2 was the last available version before my initial support period expired so I took the leap knowing I could revert to a previous version if necessary. Glad I did.
markles

Post by markles »

I'm running 5.7.7.18 and BI is now unusable due to constant database corruption. I'm going to try some 2022 releases and see if I can get things running again.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’m running 5.7.6.8 with no issues.

Think I’ll be staying on this version for a long long time, not willing to participate in the update lottery to find what is broken these days.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Now running 5.7.9.7 and (knock on wood) no problems for quite a while. Got some suggestions from Ken.
I did check all permissions on New, blueiris, stored and alerts, giving full permission to all. I also increased the size of New.
After doing a delete/recreate some cameras had their alerts gone but none were corrupted like before. I see in the help file that a full restore of the database does not recreate those alerts that are in the database.
I am installing a 250 GB NVME drive for new and alert. Hope to do that tomorrow.