Couple of Questions

Tankavich

Couple of Questions

Post by Tankavich »

Hi,
I have recently swapped to a Blue Iris setup from a Hilook(Hikvision) 8 Cam NVR. I changed for more functionality as well as the option to add additional cameras.
Server specs are:
i7-770k @ 420GHX
32Gigs Ram
nVid GTX1060 6GB
HDMI port 1 -> TV in my Office which I use to interact with Blue Iris terminal.
HDMI port 2 -> Main camera output display via 4 WAY HDMI splitter displaying around the house.

I've managed to get cameras loaded up ok but have a few questions

My old setup displayed its output to a few screens around the house run VIA the HDMI splitter and would have all cameras displaying and upon triggered movement it would open triggered camera full screen for a few seconds then go back to displaying all cameras again.
My question is what is the best way to achieve a similar function. I assume its through groups somehow but am struggling to figure this out. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?

1.1 Is it possible to give a particular camera priority over the rest Eg. If the camera at my front door triggers I'd like that to take priority on my output displays over my back yard camera so I can watch the amazon man dropping the parcel
and not have the back yard camera over ride this if it happens to trigger at the same time because its caught my wife hanging up washing or something.

2. further to question one, when I open said cameras in a Desktop frame in order to move the frame to my second screen which is the HDMI splitter therefor sending it to the other monitors around the house I am unable to untick the 'Show Camera Names' & 'Show Camera Boarders' options while in a desktop frame. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible? I'd like to have a flush seamless few images and not have it look like each camera is inside its own little window.

Thanks for any help the Braintrust is able to send my way.

Regards
TimG

Re: Couple of Questions

Post by TimG »

There is "Auto-maximise" in UI3, but I don't think you can prioritise cameras for this use. I have some cameras in Group: Front, and some in Group: Back. If I choose a group to view, then I can use the "Auto Maximise" (Button looks like a group of people and turns Blue when activated and can be set to work on Alert, Trigger or Motion) on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

If you do this you can only see front or back cameras though. Auto maximise will work with the main screen with all cameras, but it will then switch to show the back garden on motion detection even if you want to see the front.

Please note that if you have a feature request, you can send it to Support, but do give them a good reason why it needs adding to BI5. I think having an adjustable priority for Auto-maximise is a very good idea. Maybe we can poll the other forum users to gauge interest. Does anybody think that is a good idea ? Darn, do we need a poll to see if we need a poll ? I'll get my coat :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.