Evaluation Watermark-Problem FIXED by BI

TrevorfromPerth

Evaluation Watermark-Problem FIXED by BI

Post by TrevorfromPerth »

My recent problem with the 'Evaluation' Watermark has been fixed by BI. I thank them for that but I have a few questions-
1. Why cant I find a User Database with my details and history
2. Is it available?
3. If not why not-Just about every software download that I have done is more than happy to 'enrol' you as a member and keeps the history?
4. How integrated is the Forum with BI?

When I decided on Blue Iris as the prefered software for my Home Security a few years age it was after looking at all available options- Blue Iris came out on top and still is. However, I still am unsure of some of the stuff. After a number of emails to them they gave me the full serial Number. Which I thought was great, But when I re-looked at my BI setup the watermark had gone. Which indicated that they had done this online? I thought that it was a standalone setup? Not a great problem but I thought that I could run BI without an Internet connection?

Would be interested in understanding this?

Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Trevor
IAmATeaf

Re: Evaluation Watermark-Problem FIXED by BI

Post by IAmATeaf »

Why do you think there should be a database with your details in it?

I’ve got the email with my BI keys saved and also have them as secure notes within iCloud and Google. They are also saved on my NaS and on my main home desktop.

Although this forum is the “official” forum there’s hardly any real presence from the actual BI people so primarily consists of members who happen to either use Bi or have CCTV cams.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Trevor,

The forum belongs to Blue Iris, and Ken Pletzer is in charge. I am a volunteer moderator, and this is mainly a peer to peer forum, so we don't see much of the main Support staff.

1. If there is a database it is held by Support.
2. No, but you can ask for details as you did, and Support will respond.
3. The only history I can see is the forum members list. Support will have all other details.
4. It is the only true Blue Iris forum. We have Ken. I contact Ken if I think he needs to know about something here, and post back his responses. It works quite well, as Blue Iris is a small company.

Unfortunately you emailed at a time when the whole system was in degraded mode and they were buried in Support requests. The loss of the forum was one thing, but then there was also the license server. It's not clear what happened to it, but I believe that BI5 does occasionally check that your license is valid, so if it checks and gets no response you could be back in demo/evaluation mode.

The power of the forum is with the forum members. I don't know everything, but one of the other forum members might. And if they don't I ask Ken 8-)

BI5 has been very good for me. If I ask Ken for a tweak to BI5 it usually happens - he does listen to feature requests if you explain the use case. My last one was a tweak to allow me to use Excel pivot tables on the LOG files to understand the timing differences between different CPAI models. I have never had this level of assistance with any other software.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TrevorfromPerth

Post by TrevorfromPerth »

Thanks Once again for good full reply--Sorry I may be a bit clumsy with my replies use of this Forum. It is no doubt my issue and I need to get a bit better at using this Forum. However thanks again and Yep I am a 100% BI supporter and absolutely appreciate help from the Forum.

Thanks,
Trevor
donnyburklow

Post by donnyburklow »

I have the watermark "Evaluation Copy" even though I bought a BI5 license April 2021. This watermark is new. I still have my BI 4 liscense but I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK. Any ideas?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, you get a 12 month period of updates with the original BI5 license. If you installed a version from after that period, you will be in evaluation mode.

You can either find a version of BI5 that fits your 12 month period, or purchase a Support plan which gives you another 12 months of updates.
Forum Moderator.
donnyburklow

Post by donnyburklow »

I have the watermark "Evaluation Copy" even though I bought a BI5 license April 2021. This watermark is new. I still have my BI 4 liscense but I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK. Any ideas?
I have attached my receipt which says "Expires" - "Never".
Do you have a link for the BI5? I think I see the issue we are having. I have installed this for many people, including a gas station. 4 of the cameras are set with AI to ring a bell wave file when a car or motorcycle stops at a pump for 3 seconds. Here in Oregon up until last month you could not pump your own gas. For one lady I installed 2 cameras so she could watch the deer and AI notifies her when they are out there. I've had many people buy BI4 & 5 over the years. Hope you can look at my receipt, then send me a link for the right download.
Attachments
BI5 reciept.png
BI5 reciept.png (28.4 KiB) Viewed 87700 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

1. When you say you have installed it for many people, each installation needs its own license, else it's evaluation mode again as detailed in the help file.
2. Expires never - means you can use a version of BI5 downloaded within the 12 month period and it will work without expiring. You cannot use a version from after that period without evaluation mode.
3. Ipcamtalk is a 3rd party site. I believe they keep all old versions of BI5. If you check BI5 general settings, it will state when Support ran out.
4. A Support package will allow you another 12 months of updates if you wish to use the latest toys.
5. There WAS an issue with this website and the BI5 license server in July 2023. If your version is correct for the 12 month time period, try entering your license key again.
Forum Moderator.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

donnyburklow wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:17 am I have the watermark "Evaluation Copy" even though I bought a BI5 license April 2021. This watermark is new. I still have my BI 4 liscense but I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK. Any ideas?
The license expired 4/2/2022. You must have installed an update past 4.2.2022?

According to my records...
The previous good update is 'update64_55610.exe', and full install is the same version. 5.5.6.1 dated 3/13/2022.
I have both, but cannot post them due to distribution & copyright.
Find either of these, the update would be easier, and it will resolve your issue.

Contact BI support to see if they will send you an 'update' (Not full install) prior to when your license expired on 4/2/2022.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

MikeBwca wrote:
donnyburklow wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:17 am I have the watermark "Evaluation Copy" even though I bought a BI5 license April 2021. This watermark is new. I still have my BI 4 liscense but I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK. Any ideas?
The license expired 4/2/2022. You must have installed an update past 4.2.2022?

According to my records...
The previous good update is 'update64_55610.exe', and full install is the same version. 5.5.6.1 dated 3/13/2022.
I have both, but cannot post them due to distribution & copyright.
Find either of these, the update would be easier, and it will resolve your issue.

Contact BI support to see if they will send you an 'update' (Not full install) prior to when your license expired on 4/2/2022.
As far as I know support don’t give out old updates, their suggestion most likely will be to buy a years support.

There is always the other site that does host older update files?