Recording being recorded on the NAS device?

General discussion about Blue Iris
bbouchard

Recording being recorded on the NAS device?

Post by bbouchard »

I just took over managing a 20 camera system with Blue Iris. I set the location of the camera to record on the c:\bluriris\new, but I see the recordings on the NAS device instead? This a system that was all ready in place. I don't see them having more than one profile being used and the 4 cameras in question don't have motion checked. Not sure how they are recording to the NAS Device? I can trigger it manually and the recording goes to the right location?
spammenotinoz

Re: Recording being recorded on the NAS device?

Post by spammenotinoz »

bbouchard wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:46 pm I just took over managing a 20 camera system with Blue Iris. I set the location of the camera to record on the c:\bluriris\new, but I see the recordings on the NAS device instead? This a system that was all ready in place. I don't see them having more than one profile being used and the 4 cameras in question don't have motion checked. Not sure how they are recording to the NAS Device? I can trigger it manually and the recording goes to the right location?
Check the paths:
Settings -> Folders
And check each camera under record that the correct "Folder" has been selected (I think mine reverted after the upgrade)

After the upgrade, I can't recall which of the above 2 settings changed, but all my recordings were going somewhere different after the upgrade.
logeox

Post by logeox »

Check the camera settings as well. It is possible someone did not know what they were doing, and had the cameras record directly to the NAS. Maybe!
Smile

Post by Smile »

BI supports automatic ageing of video files by way of separate "New" and "Stored" file locations. Ideally, "New" would be a fast local storage device (an SSD) used to store the current weeks video. The "Stored" location may need to be quite large depending upon how much historical video is retained. This could be a large local spinning drive or a NAS box. BI will automatically move video from "New" to "Stored" based on the configuration found at:

Settings > Clips and archiving > Folders

The "New" area settings are displayed by default. Try clicking on the "Stored" item in the left column and viewing it's defined path. Does it point to your NAS box? Also check out the various "Aux" locations as they can be part of the ageing rotation by being included with the "Move to folder" setting.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Could there be a NAS/Backup process running that replicates files as a backup tool? Separate from BI?
WeidnerJ

Post by WeidnerJ »

Smile wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:33 pm BI supports automatic ageing of video files by way of separate "New" and "Stored" file locations. Ideally, "New" would be a fast local storage device (an SSD) used to store the current weeks video. The "Stored" location may need to be quite large depending upon how much historical video is retained. This could be a large local spinning drive or a NAS box. BI will automatically move video from "New" to "Stored" based on the configuration found at:

Settings > Clips and archiving > Folders

The "New" area settings are displayed by default. Try clicking on the "Stored" item in the left column and viewing it's defined path. Does it point to your NAS box? Also check out the various "Aux" locations as they can be part of the ageing rotation by being included with the "Move to folder" setting.
I have this setup (worked with 4.x) and now it doesn't process the files. I have 7 days on my PC local hard drive, and to move to my SAN after 7 days and keep for 60. This hasn't worked since upgrading to 5.x code - and very frustrating because I have to manually move the files and age them out on the NAS.
WeidnerJ

Post by WeidnerJ »

Anyone else having this problem??? I still manually have to move files from my PC to the NAS, and delete old files off of the NAS.