Restricted user in Blu Iris local machine

General discussion about Blue Iris
acoolov

Restricted user in Blu Iris local machine

Post by acoolov »

Hello everyone,

I have searched all around the internet and I am shocked that almost no one is asking about this.
Is there a way to log in to the local Blu Iris machine with a non admin user, so that all the important settings are not accessible to the regular user?
If we install the system for our client, and leave it as is, there are so many settings that the users can mess with and potentially break the system.
Any NVR software today has the ability to create a non admin account for their client for example so that they can just view cameras/recordings etc, without messing with the settings.

I only see this as an option when logging in through the web access, but not locally.

We just left a newly installed system at a hotel, and the customer started messing with the settings and completely broke the system.

Please tell me there is an option to do this! If there is, please provide a detailed solution, as some of the replies on this forum lack so much detail they can't be followed.

Thanks a lot in advance!
HeneryH

Re: Restricted user in Blu Iris local machine

Post by HeneryH »

Interesting question. There are some consultants around who set up BI for clients who might know.

There is a "BI" client and a "BI-Admin" client but I am not sure if the admin feature for BI is tied to the admin feature of the OS.

You may need to visit the other forum to access more consultants.
TimG

Re: Restricted user in Blu Iris local machine

Post by TimG »

In the mean time a good backup on a drive that you keep would help, followed by a hefty call out charge when they break it again :lol:

It IS a good question though. Have you asked Support ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.