Lorex LKB343 unable to connect

General discussion about Blue Iris
SillyKing

Lorex LKB343 unable to connect

Post by SillyKing »

Hello,
I am attempting to reconnect my Lorex LKB343 cameras to Blue Iris v5 after upgrading from v4. This worked on V4 but unfortunately I didn't capture the make/model and stream settings that worked there before upgrading. V5 auto detects cameras as LOREX CH292H3_16M which doesn't appear as a model in the Lorex list. After autodetacting detecting the CH292H3_16M model if defaults to make Generic/ONVIF and model *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4 which doesn't work. Camera indicates stream is available here: rtsp://192.168.10.103:554/ch01/A:0. I try to connect via VLC and am prompted for a password but does not let me log in.
Tried Generic/ONVIF with stream /ch01/A:0 per camera doc doesn't work either. I get an error 8000007a (check port/user/password). Creds are correct, I can log directly into the camera web interface. Hardware acceleration is currently disabled.

Anybody else have this model Lorex camera working on v5? Thoughts on what else I can try?
Thank you.
SillyKing

Re: Lorex LKB343 unable to connect

Post by SillyKing »

Update: I looked at the backup .reg files but they were not in clear text. So tried a restore of the most recent .reg file and that had some unintended consequences. Was unable to edit anything from that point, had errors of duplicate camera names, settings changes would not save. So uninstalled Blue Iris, manually deleted remaining files except the .reg backups, manually removed registry entries, then installed from new. After install, imported most recent .reg backup and am back in business. I do notice the web viewer now updates every 2 seconds where prior it was a full stream. I can see a setting where when using RDP screen update is every 5 seconds but nothing on this 2 second refresh on the web viewer. Viewing clips works just fine, it is the live view that updates every 2 seconds. Where is this setting? Don't see it in browser UI either. Thank you.