How Do I make This Happen?

General discussion about Blue Iris
grokshot

Post by grokshot »

I have BI5 with DeepStack setup. I have cameras all around the house. What I would like to do is the following:

- Continuously record.
- Two Zones. One immediately around the house and one outside that area that includes surrounding streets.
- When a person walks into the immediate zone I want alerts to happen to my push and my timeline.
- When any motion happens in the outside zone I want a timeline marker but no push alert.

I cannot get the settings right to do this. I thought I had them but it's now no longer continuously recording. Push is already setup, drives and clip age, etc is already setup. It's really about the zones and what each zone kicks off.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
YrbkMgr

Re: How Do I make This Happen?

Post by YrbkMgr »

I want a timeline marker
I'll tell ya... I read that a few times and I can't figure out what you're asking. If you mean show an alert icon on the timeline when DS confirms an alert... if you're continuously recording, set up two zones. Only alert when there's a zone crossing.

I only record when triggered, but page 96 of the help file goes into "Continuous + alerts" vs "Continuous + triggered" on the recording tab. It may be worth reviewing.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I think he means that he wants an alert to show on his timeline but no notifications.

OP, you want an alert with no push, sms or email alert?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:07 pm I think he means that he wants an alert to show on his timeline but no notifications.

OP, you want an alert with no push, sms or email alert?
Fair point. He should clarify his request.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
grokshot

Post by grokshot »

I was able to get this to work. Sorry, I wasn't notified of any further replies.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Can you expand on it a bit, as the other forum members were trying to understand what you were after :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Isn’t the answer to setup an alert action on the cam(s) within the immediate zone and not set one up on the cams in the other zone?

All of the above depends on whether Deepstack actually successfully flags the capture as being positive and therefore triggers the cam(s).

I have something similar setup but I use the IVS in the cams to identify a car/person and then trigger my front driveway cams, then in the Alerts tab I have an action which pings mine and my wife’s phones. All my other cams raise an alert but don’t have an Alert action set so you can see the alert in the BI console or mobile app.

I also have cams that tag Alert but don’t increment the Alerts counter. So with a bit of configuration playing around you can get BI to do what you want, the possibilities are infinite
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

IAmATeaf wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:18 pm Isn’t the answer to setup an alert action on the cam(s) within the immediate zone and not set one up on the cams in the other zone?
Seems like it to me...