UI3 Does not show created camera groups appropriately

General discussion about Blue Iris
YrbkMgr

Re: UI3 Does not show created camera groups appropriately

Post by YrbkMgr »

UI3 is unable to control your camera layout. To change the camera layout, you must drag cameras around in Blue Iris's local console. This comes from the UI3 Help file usually located at:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\www\ui3\help
There is detail there about optimizing group frames.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

matgyver85 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:24 am My created camera groups do not list correctly via UI3 browser.
For example, I have created a group called "SUBS"
The group "SUBS" does not appear in the UI3 group list.
The cameras within this group are instead listed separately.

I have an alternate grouping setup in the past, I had similar issues.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks, Mat
You might have the below setting set to yes
Screenshot 2021-09-25 140026.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-25 140026.jpg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

matgyver85 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:15 pm Please read AND comprehend the question before replying. Your response doesn't apply to the issue in any way.
Wait - I just want to make sure I understand what you mean... are you implying that I didn't read your post (four times) and looked up what I thought you were asking? Read and understand before replying? Aside from the insult, how does one know one doesn't understand? Can YOU pass that test?

I recommend you try a little lemon to help sweeten your disposition. Not judging... jus' sayin'
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

matgyver85 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm I stated that you should "read AND comprehend".

If you read the OP "four times", then quote me as saying "read and understand" it becomes incredibly obvious that you truly have some sort of attention disorder which affects your ability to "comprehend".

The OP clearly regarded the issue as being associated with the "grouping" of cameras. Nowhere did I suggest the "camera layout" was incorrect as you mentioned twice in your reply.

By reading AND comprehending you can easily associate the verbiage used with what is being described. When you insert your own verbiage in place of what I have provided, it completely changes the substance of the question.

Q: "how does one know one doesn't understand?"
A: One says they "understand" as they actively quote the question incorrectly.

Q: "Can YOU pass that test?"
A: Refer to all correctly utilized quotations.

I am sorry your feelers were hurt from the truth. Instead of quickly skimming through posts, then directing people to read the help file, you should save everyone the time, take your own advise, and READ yourself!
I am baffled by your animosity and contentious replies - in the interest of civility and I ask that you consider my perspective. I'm no expert, I'm here mostly to learn but help where I can. I tried to help and your reply seemed disproportionate for the situation. You didn't hurt my "feelers" - it just seemed to me inappropriate to reward a contributor's efforts (useless as they may be) with terse insults. Maybe it's just you (shrug) DGAF, I'm just saying "chill" - I volunteered a thought, take your tampon out. You know more about this subject than me - fine. Do you really have to send a zinger instead of just ignoring my good faith effort?
JeffCharger

Post by JeffCharger »

matgyver85 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:15 pm Please read AND comprehend the question before replying. Your response doesn't apply to the issue in any way.
Boy, I had to read thru this a couple of times..... I guess you didn't want help that much!
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

JeffCharger wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:51 pm
Boy, I had to read thru this a couple of times..... I guess you didn't want help that much!
Thank you.
Beer.jpg
Beer.jpg (105.36 KiB) Viewed 2795 times