Save snippet of clips via command line

General discussion about Blue Iris
Dano

Save snippet of clips via command line

Post by Dano »

I have searched the forums and cannot find a solution to this...

Is there a way that I can extract a snippet of a clip via command line? Something that would allow me to get video from a specific camera for a specific date and time range. I am wanting 30 seconds of video from 2 specific cameras.

Why I need this is because I want to be able to extract video whenever the invoice printer is activated, this will give me me proof that the client was in the office - one camera is them at the counter and one camera is of their car in the parking lot. This helps when I get the question "Who picked this up? The signature on the invoice is unreadable." I can immediately look and even send them a copy of this video snippet. Also as a bonus, if they ever decide to not pay their bill and it goes to court, I have video proof for the courts that they were there. Once these snippets are extracted, I will then rename the video with the date/invoice # so that they are easily searchable.

If we cannot do a command line extraction of the video, is there a way to set a trigger to do this? Save 30 seconds of video (15 prior and 15 after) to an individual file which I can then take that file and remove and rename it. I can make a triggered camera event happen when the printer is activated.

Thanks in advance!
Dano

Re: Save snippet of clips via command line

Post by Dano »

Anyone ???
jhankins

Post by jhankins »

The manual suggests you can do this. Page 133 in the current manual as of today, under the Alerts and Actions chapter, Email section. There's a checkbox on an email alert called " Attach an MP4 with duration (secs)" and then an input box to specify the seconds.
MEB75

Post by MEB75 »

Anybody know were I can download the BI Manual? Thx
TimG

Post by TimG »

Well it's built in to the software, or available here: https://blueirissoftware.com/BlueIris.PDF
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.