Cannot login after trying to run as service

General discussion about Blue Iris
kengrome

Cannot login after trying to run as service

Post by kengrome »

I have BI running on an old computer. I just got a new computer, installed BI5 on it in demo mode, and was running it normally with two cameras and no problems. Then I tried configuring it as a service, and that's when the problem arose: now I cannot login to the console or to UI3 ...

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I keep running into the same issue: no matching user/pw. Then I tried to login to console with the user/pass fields blank, and this does not give me an error -- but it also does not open the console. Instead nothing happens -- no new windows, no errors, nothing.

What can I do to get it working again?
paulhelen

Re: Cannot login after trying to run as service

Post by paulhelen »

The service Password is the same as your windows login and the UI3 login is one that you set in the settings of blue iris hope this helps :D
Win 10 Intel Core i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 48.0 GB DDR4 4K IP POE SV3C 8MP X2 5MP SV3C 1080p SV3C and 960P SV3C
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

kengrome wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 am I have BI running on an old computer. I just got a new computer, installed BI5 on it in demo mode, and was running it normally with two cameras and no problems. Then I tried configuring it as a service, and that's when the problem arose: now I cannot login to the console or to UI3 ...

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I keep running into the same issue: no matching user/pw. Then I tried to login to console with the user/pass fields blank, and this does not give me an error -- but it also does not open the console. Instead nothing happens -- no new windows, no errors, nothing.

What can I do to get it working again?
First, are you logging into Windows with Admin rights, or as a user with depreciated rights?

Check the Startup tab of BI settings - here's a thread with a similar issue:
Recover login info user/password

Also check Services by running

Code: Select all

services.msc
and check if BI is running, configured to start automatically, and what the "log on as" setting is. If you can't figure it out from there, show a screenshot of the Startup Tab. If you can't even do that... stop the BI service and try opening the console. Let us know what happens.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I think there is a setting in the main settings for allowing for a user/pw separate from the Windows account user/pw.

But then you'd be in a catch-22 about needing to get in in order to see the setting for allowing you to get in :)
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

The PW in the Startup tab is meant to require a PW when the BI console is minimized to the tray. It doesn't affect launching the BI console unless the Windows Logon account does not have Admin rights.

• "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.