Cameras that work

General discussion about Blue Iris
Herbie2154

Cameras that work

Post by Herbie2154 »

Tired of these Foscam cameras that do not last long. Need help on finding better brand that will work easily on Blue Iris and are reasonably priced. Thanks
HeneryH

Re: Cameras that work

Post by HeneryH »

I like the Dahua and Andy (either Hong Kong or Taiwanese reseller) has been great to work with. He ships faster than Amazon regular shipping usually. The only minor risk is if there is a hardware problem you might pay more to ship it back to him for repair.
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

Andy does have a Amazon storefront link below

https://www.amazon.com/shops/A329YQ83EB ... storefront
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

He's helped me out before so I like to order directly through him so he doesn't have to pay Bezos anything.
Techie007

Post by Techie007 »

Herbie2154 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:24 amTired of these Foscam cameras that do not last long. Need help on finding better brand that will work easily on Blue Iris and are reasonably priced.
Go with the Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE cameras. As of this writing, they offer the biggest bang-for-the-buck in my experience. They have AI motion detection (which can be used with Blue Iris), excellent audio and video quality, good low light performance, and are very reliable and durable.

Three ways to get them, in order of fastest/most expensive to slowest/cheapest:
  1. Get them on Amazon. Look for Lortya brand and Prime products for the fastest shipment.
  2. Email Andy Wang directly kingsecurity2014 (at) 1 6 3 .-c-o-m (use real @ symbol and remove spaces and hyphens) and ask for a quote. Should save 10-20%/camera, while increasing lead time to 1-4 weeks.
  3. Order wholesale from Jimmy Wong of Shenzhen Guowei Security Electronic Co., Ltd. on Alibaba. Should save 25-40%/camera, while increasing lead time to 5-10 weeks.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Andy has shipped to me here in the USA door to door in three or four days. Not sure where your lead time is coming from.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Add my vote for Dahua. Especially the starvis/starlight cameras if you need low light video. Awesome.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Man.... strong endorsements like that make me want to buy more cameras... I don't need them, but... It's a disease.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

FYI from Andy
Appreciated!
Maybe add our amazon shop link there.
https://www.amazon.com/s?tag=ipctk-20&m ... &slotNum=0

Attention:
For orders directly from us, just let me know the order details and paypal email address, then can send you invoice to pay.

Andy Wong
Senior Sales Manager
Empire Technology Co., Ltd HongKong

kingsecurity2014@163.com

Professional Smart Home Device supplier.