2-way audio with HIK camera

General discussion about Blue Iris
BassTeQ

2-way audio with HIK camera

Post by BassTeQ »

Hi all,

I have a Hikvision camera DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL which has 2-way audio, using their HIK app 2-way works great!
However, Is it possible to get 2-way audio working with the BI app? Currently I can only hear what the camera microphone picks up, I'm not able to talk back.

Thanks!
terk

Re: 2-way audio with HIK camera

Post by terk »

I don't have any Hikvision cameras but I do have a few Amcrest with two-way audio and I had to play with the video settings trying different Amcrest profiles rather than the generic ONVIF profile to get two-way audio working.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I'm kind of in the same boat except that I've never figured it out on my end... probably haven't played with it enough. I have at least one SV3C (Dahua based.... so similar to the Amcrest) that supposedly supports it but I only get recordings, not speaking.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
BassTeQ

Post by BassTeQ »

Thanks for the replies, would be great to find someone who has got it working successfully with a HIK camera.

Cheers
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

BassTeQ wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 am Thanks for the replies, would be great to find someone who has got it working successfully with a HIK camera.

Cheers
When you're in the BI console and have that camera selected, you should see a microphone icon like this: Image

If you press the microphone icon you should be able to talk. Have you tried this and it's not working?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
cliver

Post by cliver »

Did you get to the bottom of this?
I have the same camera.
I have 2 way audio working through the Android BI App (although the audio out to the cam is poor quality).
1 way (listen) audio on the UI3 interface
No audio at all in the BI server UI.
I also have a Hikvision AD410 doorbell that has the same symptoms.
I'm new to security cams and BI so not at all sure what is going on there.
Does anyone have a definitive set up for this?
cliver

Post by cliver »

So, it seems that 2 way, and indeed one way audio isn't supported either in BI itself when running it as a servicer AND loging in via RDP or in UI3.
The developer of UI3 says it would be possible to implement in UI3 if Blue Iris could/would "implement an audio listening endpoint using the Web Socket protocol".
See his post on another forum here... https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/two-way-a ... ost-486623
Either getting it to work over RDP in BI itself, or getting it to work in UI3 would be a great addition to BI functionality imho.
How do we go about outting forward requests for development please?