Independent Trigger Zone Settings Feature Request

General discussion about Blue Iris
jhankins

Re: Independent Trigger Zone Settings Feature Request

Post by jhankins »

DW Spectrum IPVMS which is a re-brand of Network Optix NX Witness.
Kean

Post by Kean »

MikeBwca wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:32 am Good suggestions.
You should send this to BI support.
Totally agree with you )
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Older thread, but certainly represented a very practical use case by the OP.

Was there ever any solid development of any kind on the original feature request? I find myself struggling with the simple task of creating a 'B' driveway entrance zone to just provide an alert underneath zone 'A' which covers the entire area as a general motion trigger zone for recording -- basically with the same motion/object detection settings for the entire area being applied to both zones with the intended results to be just an alert from 'B' with the motion of both 'A' and 'B' being recorded as a single event.

Seems simple enough. The setup flexibility certainly appears to exist with the zones being independently selectable (or combined) for both motion/object detection based recording and/or alert triggering. The A+B clip recording works as desired as does the alert for zone B based on the same detection settings. Works great, actually. The issue I'm having is a delayed alert is also being triggered for zone 'A' when none is set up to occur for it at all. So far I've not been able to figure out how to isolate the alert trigger to just zone 'B' even though it's he only zone selected for triggering. The second trigger is also being sent as an email back to the original account being used to initiate the desired MMS image alert. Nowhere can I find where/how that is happening.

I thought the 'layering' may be at play with 'A' being the default zone perhaps taking precedence over the alerting, but I get the same delayed 'A' alert even after separating zone 'B' from zone 'A'. A cool side effect of my 2 second pre-trigger time in the record settings for zone 'A' is the activity that triggered the alert in 'B' is still captured before the 'A' motion trigger kicks in. It crossed my mind that this could somehow be related to the second delayed alert being sent, but how that would happen also escapes me and the timing doesn't fit.

Any enlightenment will certainly be appreciated.

Not exactly on the same plane as the OP, but sort of in the ballpark. And 'replies' are my only allowed privilege since the server issues pretty much wiped me clean here. Figured the subjects were 'close enough'. LOL Getting back up and running 100% here seems to still be a work in progress.

But if it weren't fun!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Ah, a willing volunteer. Please have a go at explaining to Support why we think this is a good idea :idea:

You can refer back to this thread on the forum.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Requesting anything from support is a crapshoot unless the subject line is "Subscription Renewal". Hell, I'll be happy if they just set my account to even post new topics. LOL

And I hardly volunteered for anything, but it appears that the answer to my main question is "no".

I'm still missing something very basic in setting up two zones using the same sensor settings to trigger different actions for each zone without duplicating the action for the other zone. It simply doesn't make sense to me, nor do the alerts being sent back to the originating email address when they're only supposed to be MMS messages which I am also receiving. This is a simple function on any DVR/NVR and I've offered basic explanations to others of the benefits of multiple zone settings for a single camera.

As mentioned in previous posts, I'm basically a 'recorded events' guy who generally doesn't use alerts and who has spent very little time messing with them in Blue Iris until now.
Figured it would be fairly simple. One set of detection parameters for two zones with each zone providing a different response from the same trigger. Silly me.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hell, I'll be happy if they just set my account to even post new topics. LOL
Are you saying you can't create new topics on the forum ? Have you tried since the Great Restore of July 2023 ? The re-install of the forum software seems to have fixed a lot of things, including notification emails for new posts.
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

TimG wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:21 pm
Hell, I'll be happy if they just set my account to even post new topics. LOL
Are you saying you can't create new topics on the forum ?
Correct. The option doesn't exist for me. I have an email into 'support' to see where that goes.
TimG

Post by TimG »

FWIW I have admin rights here, so I just tested this by using your forum permissions (Not your account) and I could see the "New Topic" box to create a new thread.
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

'Preciate the follow-up. I don't have that option available with my interface using Chrome. It obviously used to exist.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Found it. Not sure what that was all about. I discovered the same issue with another phpBB I frequent so I started looking at my Chrome extensions, etc. Toggled a couple things off and on and the option is back in both forums..., almost like I was on a Mac. LOL