How do I set a camera to turn off at night?

General discussion about Blue Iris
slatevt

How do I set a camera to turn off at night?

Post by slatevt »

I tried searching for this but didn't find the answer.

How do I turn off a single camera at night? I've tried setting a night schedule and profile, and setting it for a particular camera, but I'm missing something. I just can't get it to work.

Can someone point me at at a tutorial that explains it?
MikeBwca

Re: How do I set a camera to turn off at night?

Post by MikeBwca »

Do you mean Disable the camera so that it will not detect motion?
slatevt

Post by slatevt »

I'd like to turn off the camera at night. No reporting, no triggers, no video capture.

So disable that camera at sunset and re-enable at sunrise.

I've tried doing this via the schedule and profiles but can't seem to get it to work. I'm missing something.
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

You need to use a combination of profiles and the schedule. Think of profiles as behavior sets for Blue Iris. You'll probably at a minimum want two profiles, one for daytime use and one for nighttime. In the settings for each camera, you can choose whether or not that camera is active during each of the profiles. In your case, you would de-select the nighttime profile.

Once the profiles are set, you will then create a schedule in the main settings of Blue Iris and set the start and end times for each of the profiles.
2021-07-12_15-22-57.jpg
2021-07-12_15-22-57.jpg (70.86 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
slatevt

Post by slatevt »

This was the piece I was missing. I had everything else set up but did not disable the camera in the general tab for the "night" profile.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the different profiles as it relates to schedules, globally vs per camera.

Thanks for the help.