Camera not creating an Alert

General discussion about Blue Iris
doxymoron

Camera not creating an Alert

Post by doxymoron »

I'm not sure what's going on, but I have a couple of cameras that are now no longer creating alerts along the left side of the blue iris software. When watching live, the camera outline turns orange and obviously recognizes an alert, but the left side is not creating an alert. I have recently been adjusting a lot of settings with triggers and I'm trying to figure out if it's something I've done. I have other cameras working fine, and have even matched all settings from the working camera but can still not get it work. Can someone steer me in the right direction of where to look for the issue? Thanks.
crazyhamsales

Re: Camera not creating an Alert

Post by crazyhamsales »

Looking for the same answer myself, all my cameras are doing this, just stopped creating alerts all of a sudden. I think the software updated this past weekend, because Sunday it was creating alerts up until about 10pm and then it just stopped and i haven't had an alert for any of my cameras since then. I tried deleting some cameras and adding them back but still no alerts. I can go to the clips an play an 8 hour long clip full of all the motion record events but its annoying having to scrub through 8 hours of footage to find the clip you want to review.

I sent their support an email, nothing, google searched for two days, i can't get it working.
doxymoron

Post by doxymoron »

Glad I'm not alone. I just did the recent update also and it seems to have started since then. But I did just find something. I was looking at the Alert tab on one of my cameras not working, and noticed only Motion zone A was checked. I use A and B. I can't be certain, but I thought all zones were checked before. Once I selected B, it is now creating alerts correctly for that camera. I'm going to check the others.

Actually I don't think that's the setting I want...it's now sending me alerts about Zone B which I don't care about. I want it to create an alert in BI but not send me MMS. Still not sure what I'm missing.
doxymoron

Post by doxymoron »

Ok I think that was the issue, the zone I wanted was not checked under the camera Alerts tab ( I don't remember if it was before or not). Once I checked that it is now creating alerts properly. I then had to go into Alerts Tab->Actions->On Alert.. and disable the text alerts for the zones I didn't want. Again I never changed any of these settings so not sure if this was due to an update or what.
crazyhamsales

Post by crazyhamsales »

BINGO!!!

The Motion Zones box was unchecked on ALL of my cameras for some reason since the update. I went through there a dozen times and didn't notice that because it was all grayed out, checked the Motion Zones check box and now the camera i was testing with is creating alerts again. Now to go through and do that on all 14 cameras on this system and check the Zones settings for each. Guessing the update broke it.
iankaufmann

Post by iankaufmann »

I wonder why alerts were working before this last round of updates?

I am in the same boat where the last update broke alerts. I have always had "Add to alerts list: Database Only" set on the "Trigger" tab, and then on the Alerts tab, I have only "External" checked since I use AI Tool to flag alerts (which then will also generate a push notification).

Is this just a bug that they finally solved after all of this time, and it was wrong all along? Or is this new way it is functioning the bug?

I'm also curious how the "Minimum time between alerts" and "Minimum/maximum time since trigger" controls are impacted.

What I want is to still have clips/alerts in the list, but throttle the amount of push notifications received. Even if a push notification is blocked, I still want it in the clips list. It seems like if I were to re-upgrade to the latest build (I had to roll back), and go in and check all of the motion zones in the "Alerts" tab in order to get clips/alerts back they way they were... that those two min/max settings might prevent clips from being added to the list if they get throttled, even though it didn't work this way in previous builds.

Honestly, I have everything working perfectly and am getting everything I need out of it, that I might just defer updates indefinitely. I have AI Tool working in a much more detailed way than I can achieve the BI Deepstack integration, and I'm just getting tired of seeing what broke with each update.
qklcujoweq

Post by qklcujoweq »

Anyone find a solution?

Alerts stopped showing up two days ago, even though I haven't touched Blue Iris settings in months.