preview window zooming in by itself?

General discussion about Blue Iris
mjgtp

preview window zooming in by itself?

Post by mjgtp »

So I have an Arecont camera (AV3226PMTIR-S) looking at a street intersection and every few days I open the Blue Iris Admin screen (main screen, showing multiple cameras at once) and find the preview window for this camera is zoomed in (the camera itself is not zooming in), but BI seems to be digitally zooming into the top left quadrant of the actual camera feed. Any JPGs it creates on a trigger are of this zoomed quadrant, but the video recorded on trigger is actually the full frame. Very strange. If I go into the camera settings, and don't change anything, and just hit save... the preview window goes back to full frame. No-one else uses BI, so they're not zooming through the UI... BI seems to be doing it itself. Anyone ever see BI do this? It did it on version 4 as well as 5. It only does it for this particular camera for some reason. The other 10 camera feeds I have are unaffected.
Last edited by mjgtp on Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Re: preview window zooming in by itself?

Post by TimG »

Hi, the only thing I can suggest is that there is some corruption in the settings. Would it be a big job to delete the camera and add it again ? Or do you have another same type camera you can clone ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
mjgtp

Re: preview window zooming in by itself?

Post by mjgtp »

So it did it again this morning... upper left quadrant. This time, before fixing it I tried to manually zoom out (two finger pinch kinda thing) I could zoom in further, but it would not zoom back out beyond that upper left 1/4 of the feed. I still find it strange that the jpgs capture the zoom view, but the video still captures the entire view..