Lack of Support

General discussion about Blue Iris
haynstyle

Lack of Support

Post by haynstyle »

Yesterday, I removed v4 from my system because I had V5 on it. While doing so was a great space saving move, it removed my entire license file and configs. Now the license file I had doesnt work, I dont have a valid backup, and my system is down. I have tried to email support several times and even sales from yesterday and have not gotten ONE response as of yet??? What the heck? How do I get a license file to restore my systems back to working state?
thanks
terk

Re: Lack of Support

Post by terk »

Send an email to support they should be able to send you your original license key which is what you need not the support key although you do need a current support agreement as well to be on the current version of 5.
jondwalters

Re: Lack of Support

Post by jondwalters »

Obviously I don't know what was sent or the tone of the message, but there are a few things that can be done to expedite a reply. Your email may have been perfect but I'll leave this here for others.

First, write the email with proper grammar. It makes your message easier to understand. Also, be sure to give a concise, but thorough, description of your need. I work in IT and far too often we get a ticket that says "My printer doesn't work". We end up wasting the time it takes to go back and forth a couple times to find out the real issue. Sending "I can't print because a warning light is on" along with a picture would eliminate the wasted time.

Secondly, be patient. Emails from individuals with an active support and maintenance agreement have the highest priority. Also keep in mind that they are a small company so support times can be a little longer than normal. If you don't hear anything in a day or two, send a polite follow-up message. Don't spam them thinking that will help. In my experience, 24-48hrs is a normal response time. I've also had to send a polite follow-up a time or two.