BI Android 3.0.28 no longer push notification thumbnails

General discussion about Blue Iris
Azzimodo

BI Android 3.0.28 no longer push notification thumbnails

Post by Azzimodo »

Anyone else have this issue after the June 1 BI update to the android app? 3.0.28

Everything still works, except the thumbnail for push notifications.

I'm using ngrok. It still works fine, I verified all aspects of it. I can log in locally and remotely. I get push notifications (now grouped together, I'd really like to change that but it's a separate subject). However I no longer receive any thumnail image with the notification. I can't imagine the problem is on my end, I believe it's an issue with the latest BI android but I don't see anyone else reporting the problem.

I've emailed support a few days ago. No response.
JohnySapphire

Re: BI Android 3.0.28 no longer push notification thumbnails

Post by JohnySapphire »

Same issue here and i've found no fix!

I have an exact android phone with 3.0.27 with identical settings and it works fine still showing the thumbnails, so 100% the issue is with 3.0.28.

Really annoying, might just try to find the old version to roll back to.
JohnySapphire

Post by JohnySapphire »

Anyone find any fixes for this yet? or also have this issue. super annoying. thanks!
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've emailed support a few days ago. No response.
Hi, did you add your licence details from BI5 ? Without that you will be at the bottom of the priority list :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Azzimodo

Post by Azzimodo »

Support got back to me, ended up sending logs from the BI android app and low and behold there was an update released on the play store. I didn't know it was fixed though because I had swapped over to texts. However that specific bug is listed in the update as fixed and mine works again. June 14th release version 3.0.29.

Glad they fixed it, wish they had simply dropped me a response to confirm the bug and confirm it was fixed. But alas...
JohnySapphire

Post by JohnySapphire »

Azzimodo wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm Support got back to me, ended up sending logs from the BI android app and low and behold there was an update released on the play store. I didn't know it was fixed though because I had swapped over to texts. However that specific bug is listed in the update as fixed and mine works again. June 14th release version 3.0.29.

Glad they fixed it, wish they had simply dropped me a response to confirm the bug and confirm it was fixed. But alas...
What phone specs are you running? The issue is still present for me. no alert images in the notication panel