Find locked file

General discussion about Blue Iris
VerySecure

Find locked file

Post by VerySecure »

my log file states: "Delete: 15 items 32.1M [168/168 hrs, 63.7G/165.0G, 159.2G free] 1 locked"

How can I find/view the locked file?
Blue Iris 5.4.X | refurbished HP ProDesk 600 | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i5-4590 CPU | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD for OS/BI | 240GB SSD for media | 3 SD cameras | 6 HD cameras
TimG

Re: Find locked file

Post by TimG »

Hi, did the full message state where it was working ? See here for a similar "locked" issue without resolution. In this case the locked file was in "New":

viewtopic.php?t=747

I think the idea of deleting everything (If your recycle bin is big enough) from the folder might prove which file it is, but it does seem a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut :shock:

Maybe the first step is to go back to BI Status and tick the box to save the log as a text file in case it shows any more info. Don't forget to untick it later though.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
VerySecure

Post by VerySecure »

Hey TimG

When I view the log (within Blue Iris Status) it lists "New" in the "Object" column. I presume "New" refers to the folder the file is in???

All my files are in one folder, on a local SSD, called "New". I don't sort/move files into any other folders. I auto delete after 7 days. Nothing else on that drive.

My logs are always saved as text files. Should they not be?
Blue Iris 5.4.X | refurbished HP ProDesk 600 | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i5-4590 CPU | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD for OS/BI | 240GB SSD for media | 3 SD cameras | 6 HD cameras
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, that does mean it is the "New" folder - I wonder if it's as simple as you had clicked to Protect a file ?

As for logs, it's up to you. I have it turned off unless I need a record of what is happening.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I had a stranded clip in my list that kept giving me locked errors. I just rebuilt the DB and it went away.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

HeneryH wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:47 pm I had a stranded clip in my list that kept giving me locked errors. I just rebuilt the DB and it went away.
That brings up something I've wondered about...how does one know that there's been a DB error without matching the files counts to the alerts and so on? I've never seen a DB error that I know of, but to be honest I've never really looked for one.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

For finding what's holding folder/files locked, I've used the following...

- IObit Unlocker. I downlod from MajorGeeks... https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... ocker.html

- Microsoft Sysinternals Process Explorer... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s-explorer