Camera Identification

General discussion about Blue Iris
TrevorfromPerth

Camera Identification

Post by TrevorfromPerth »

You get what you paid for**********
You deserve what you get********
Yep I accept all of that and dont buy from China etc etc. But sometimes we do....

So I bought a 8 camera NVR set-up from Banggood. And it all worked fine with the NVR. However, I wasnt happy with the software so I have tried a number of alternatives---------Zoneminder (my No 1 pick but very hard to set up) Ispy ( was probably best in some ways but not usable in Ubuntu) So--. I looked at BI and downloaded the Demo. have done this a few times,,,,

So the problem is that non-detect of my camera -------------(stream). I know the local IP numbers- but without the ...extras no go,

so if I use /snapshot.jpg?user=&pwd=&strm=0 or exact 10.1.1.86/snapshot.jpg?user=&pwd=&strm=0 it works ( with some things).
However, after setting up one Camera and trying to duplicate /snapshot.jpg?user=&pwd=&strm=0 with ip address it doesnt work????

When the first one worked I was already to pay but is it that hard?

OK so what I did was do a search on the MAC address to get manufacturer (the first 6 numbers) and I am talking to them mmm--- and I keep saying all I want is a camera name or what you are basing the camera on?

So Im sort off getting there....But if I set one Cam up why doesnt another work????? I was so close to paying for a key then this seemed to have same problems,
Not a supporter of ISPY but there search for LAN seems to work- and then when you click on a ip it gives the streams ie(/snapshot.jpg?user=&pwd=&strm=0) which seems to be the important bit.

Any clues?
TimG

Re: Camera Identification

Post by TimG »

Hi TrevorFromPerth,
You get what you paid for**********
You deserve what you get********
Yep I accept all of that and dont buy from China etc etc. But sometimes we do....
This is the friendly forum, so don't worry about that :lol:

You are correct that once you have one camera working it should be as easy a copying it, changing the IP and user/pw and off you go. If that isn't working, it might be those cheap Chinese cameras :? I recently did exactly that with nine Chinese cameras (Dahua ptz), so I know it works.

I used iSpy before BI, and I'm glad I'm here. I much prefer BI and I don't have to write my own ptz command files here 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TrevorfromPerth

Cheers for that. Will give it another go today and hope for the best. I do like a lot of what BI offers and am hopefull :) :D
TrevorfromPerth

Cheers for that. Will give it another go today and hope for the best. I do like a lot of what BI offers and am hopefull :) :D
TrevorfromPerth

Success- it worked exactly like it should the problem was me! I was not being careful enough when transposing info onto another camera.

The important part is /snapshot.jpg?user=&pwd=&storm=0 As nothing else seems to work. I will try to find out what cameras use that stream and maybe in future set ups try and use that particular camera.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Excellent :D
Forum Moderator.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG is The Wizard. :)
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

Dual NIC a speciality

***ducks***
Forum Moderator.