Neub with trouble getting Ezviz camera running

General discussion about Blue Iris
Rob

Neub with trouble getting Ezviz camera running

Post by Rob »

I sadly had an Ezviz NVR 4 camera system that I was never happy with. Not enough features and kept going off line even with much time spent with EV tech support. The NVR crapped out with a bad power supply per diagnoses of tech support.

I'm hoping to get the cameras running under BlueIris and use the hard drive for data. I currently have 1 camera connected to a POE switch. The switch has is connected to the ethernet port on the router and to the computer. I have internet access and the camera lights up when connected. These are the only connections to the network via the hard wire. Everything else is on wifi.

I haven't been able to get BlueIris to recognize the cameras using the IPs and multiple camera makes. The error message is always Cam1: No Signal.

How do I get this working?

The NVR is model CS-X4108P

The IP addresses excluding the router are:
falccc

Re: Neub with trouble getting Ezviz camera running

Post by falccc »

I just wrote a post about setting these up. Have a look at https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=2208
Rob

Post by Rob »

Another site says that cameras running on EZviz software always phone home to in this case China. I'm still old school and remember a time when we weren't monitored and when even if seen, the incident was likely to be forgotten.

Is there a way to avoid the EV software?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Rob, did you read the thread by falccc ?

Let us know if it works.

My cameras are on a separate sub net, so they can't call home even if they want to :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Finally getting back to this. First issue is that the ezviz NVR doesn't work. EV tech support thinks the power supply is bad. The EV software appears to only look for the NVR.

Edit: I should add that If Ezviz cameras only work with the NVR, I'm going to cut my losses and buy some decent cameras that are more plug and play. I have a lot of projects going on and need this one off my desk. Do you have suggestions?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Rob,

I thought falccc was not using the NVR. He was using a Windows program - EZVIZ PC Studio - to change settings.
Forum Moderator.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I followed the link and tried setting up the program. It is the Ezviz desktop program which looks for an EZviz NVR. It doesn't recognize cameras plugged into a POE switch (at least not without the NVR). You can have multiple NVRs.

My cabin is exposed to thieves while this system is not running so I'm willing to consider my Ezviz simply an inconvenient detour and chance to find what not to do. Forums are always full of how to fix what isn't working.

If I'm understanding, my set up will be BlueIris on an older desktop connected to various cameras via cat5 cable and a POE switch.
Suppose I start over with the existing computer running BI, and AUMOX model SG105 POE, what cameras should I buy?
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

An exact camera is a tough answer. First question is do you want a bullet style (fixed position) camera or a PTZ. I'm pretty confident you want the fixed..... so then everyone has their own recommendations and experience. You may or may not want audio (in my experience audio through these cameras is terrible so - only consider if you want some inkling as to whats going on, not to hear fine details). I've been very happy with my SV3C A-Series cameras (not so much with the HX series). The build quality is good, web UI is detailed, and I'm pretty happy with the image quality. That said, I'm a homeowner not an official product tester so my experience is limited.

Anyway, Amazon links to what I have are in my signature if you're interested.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Rob,

I personally like the Dahua starlight cameras. Good in daylight, and amazing in near darkness. The 2MP ones are 1080 resolution, and I now have quite a few of them. They would be cheap(ish) compared to newer higher megapixel cameras since they are a few years old now. Audio on the 5231 is good enough for surveillance, and there was also a cheaper version of it that didn't have audio.

Can you explain the likely light conditions for the cabin ? Fully lit ? Dark corners ? As Matts1984 said, it's tough for us to answer without knowing the approx layout and requirements - and I'm also a home user not an installer. However I can be fairly certain that the Dahua 5231's would blow the socks off the EzViz equipment :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is for a cabin in the woods. Cameras will be fixed outside. I'm in the process of building a pretty large detached shop so the number of cameras will change. For now, 3 mounted on the exterior of the house in whatever the natural light conditions are. This place is far enough out that we can see stars and there is only light pollution, not street lights.

Will this one do?
https://www.amazon.com/Security-Outdoor ... 326&sr=8-8

Edit: Thanks for the help. I ordered 2 cameras to see which I like the best. Will update with results in case someone else can use the info.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082Y ... UTF8&psc=1
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Rob on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.