Blue Iris usage

General discussion about Blue Iris
cef1000

Blue Iris usage

Post by cef1000 »

I need a better understanding of how Blue Iris is used and specifically what equipment it is compatible with.

1. Is Blue Iris a streaming viewer replacement for monitoring existing NVR/DVR camera systems ?

2. Is Blue Iris used to replace an NVR/DVR using a computer or VMS deployment ?

3. Is there a list of known compatible IP Cameras and/or NVR/DVRs Blue Iris works with; most specifically cameras ?

4. If not what are the basic requirements for the IP camera's so that Blue Iris works properly with IP Cameras and/or an NVR ?

5. Does anyone know or have tried using Blue Iris specifically with Alarm.com compatible equipment; very specifically:

* NVR Model # ADC-CSVR126-16CH
* IP Camera Model # ADC-VC826

Sorry, I've looked everywhere on the site - maybe I've missed it, but, there isn't a lot of specific info regarding these questions ...

Thank you for your assistance.

cef1000.
TimG

Re: Blue Iris usage

Post by TimG »

1. Is Blue Iris a streaming viewer replacement for monitoring existing NVR/DVR camera systems ?

2. Is Blue Iris used to replace an NVR/DVR using a computer or VMS deployment ?

3. Is there a list of known compatible IP Cameras and/or NVR/DVRs Blue Iris works with; most specifically cameras ?

4. If not what are the basic requirements for the IP camera's so that Blue Iris works properly with IP Cameras and/or an NVR ?

5. Does anyone know or have tried using Blue Iris specifically with Alarm.com compatible equipment; very specifically:

* NVR Model # ADC-CSVR126-16CH
Hi,

1. No. It is a highly configurable software NVR.
2. BI5 IS the NVR.
3. Onvif IP cameras generally work with BI5, but there is not a list. I like Dahua starlight cameras. Ask.
4. As above. Onvif IP cams.
5. No idea. You don't need a NVR, but some people use both at the same time with the same cameras. If you can tell us a camera model, we can look it up - but if it states Onvif, it is likely to work. Dual stream cameras are best. They have a standard definition and a high definition output, which used with BI5 can save cpu loading.

BI5 is the Swiss army knife of NVR software. If it can't do what you need, you ask support to add it. You can't do that with a hardware NVR !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.