DeepStack: Alert Cancelled: Nothing found

General discussion about Blue Iris
iamnos

DeepStack: Alert Cancelled: Nothing found

Post by iamnos »

I've recently upgraded from v4 and am currently running: 5.4.01 x64 on Windows 10. It's running on bare hardware.
I installed Deepstack. Originally started with the GPU version, but when that didn't work, tried the CPU version.
Deepstack shows as Activated if I go to http://127.0.0.1:82

In Global settings I have Deepstack enabled, and I've played with a number of settings on the camera itself, but never seem to get anything from Deepstack, even when I very obviously walk in front of the camera, both close and relatively far away.
https://imgur.com/a/HyTNvPj (settings current as of this post). I've tried with object detection on and off as well as zones, but no difference. I've restarted Deepstack and BI, and the system itself.

The Log in status log just shows:

DeepStack: Alert cancelled (nothing found).

I'd appreaciate any advice anyone has.
nibblerrick

Re: DeepStack: Alert Cancelled: Nothing found

Post by nibblerrick »

I have it running in a kvm-virtual machine and had the same problem. After setting the cpu-type to host it works, so I think there might be some cpu-feature missing. However in a linuxcontainer it runs just fine.
Maybe you have a cpu which is missing a feature for it to work. I am not sure, but may be a startingpoint.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

I had the same issue.

My problem was i already has the web service running on port 82, Deepstack was also trying to run on port 82, changed it to port 83 and changed the firewall rules and all good.
nibblerrick

Post by nibblerrick »

Good point.

Another thing I found after wondering why on one cam it worked and another not is this after reading the manual again: The not-working camera had only a tight zone which workes well for detecting the movement I am looking for, but I had no other zone covered the rest of the picture. All space which isn't covered by any zone is "masked" and therefore not looked at from deepstack. After adding a zone for the whole picture and setting up "object detection" for my thight motion zone only it seems to work. (I have to verify, but therefore some cars have to come to my driveway...)
iamnos

Post by iamnos »

CPU is an i7-4700HQ, so older, but not aware of any features BI would need that it wouldn't have.
Still getting 'Nothing Found' on one camera, and Deepstack doesn't seem to be active on the other, so really confusing.
I've updated to 5.4.2.0, and am not using any zones.

Double checked (repeatedly) and Deepstack is always running when I check, and just for the heck of it, opened the windows firewall to allow it access from the LAN, which I confirmed from another system on the network.
Unfortunately the logs aren't detailed enough to give me any idea of what the issue might be.
nibblerrick

Post by nibblerrick »

But have you defined a zone or at least the default "A"-Zone which covers the whole image? It doesn't have to be used for triggering but it has to be there as far as I understand and how it works for me.
iamnos

Post by iamnos »

Zones were disabled on both cameras, though the one that was working, did have a previously defined zone. So maybe there is something to the zones.
I've enabled zones for both cameras (Zone A) covering everything, so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT
Wow, I think that was it. I enabled zones and now I'm seeing Deepstack results
woohoo!
Thanks for the advice.
nibblerrick

Post by nibblerrick »

Glad it works.
It wasn't intuitive to use it like that (at least it wasn't intuitive to me).
I think therefore I couldn't explain it well.