Analog Camera Servers

General discussion about Blue Iris
patsfandec

Analog Camera Servers

Post by patsfandec »

I have 8 analog cameras that I connect to an Anran camera server. It provided each camera as a separate feed into Blue Iris along with my IP cameras.
The Anran server died and their product support has been non existent. I'd like to replace it with a new one.
Can anyone tell me a good product to use?
Thanks
TimG

Re: Analog Camera Servers

Post by TimG »

Hi,

Are you simply wanting a newer analogue NVR to work with your existing cameras and give separate feeds to BI ? If so I'm afraid I can't answer that but I think they do exist.

The other options that come to mind are:

1. If your cameras need replacing, then BI5 with high resolution IP cameras is the best bet.
2. I still use second hand Picolo Pro video cards (PCI) with BI with my old standard definition analogue cameras.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I hate to sound like Fenderman but..... I would just trash the old analog cameras and not put another penny into the antiquated system.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

:shock:

laaa laaaa laaaa, hmmmmm, hmmmm, hmmm, laaa laaa laaa, whistle... whistle.... laaa laa laa

I think I heard the fm'ism mentioned.... laaa laaa laaaa, hmmm hmmmmm

:lol:
Cougar281

Post by Cougar281 »

If you REALLY want to stick with your analogue cameras, I can tell you from personal experience that Everfocus ELUX analogue DVRs can stream channels to Blue Iris. But like HenereyH suggested, you're probably further ahead moving to IP cameras. If it's legacy coax cabling that's keeping you on analogue, I'm pretty sure Dahua's ePOE cameras can run over coax (with an adapter on each end).