Is Priority Support Working?

General discussion about Blue Iris
jeangv

Is Priority Support Working?

Post by jeangv »

I am a long time user of Blue Iris and have paid for priority support for the past 2 years and renewed for a 3rd year just recently. I have never used support of any kind at all with Blue Iris. I was wondering how support works. I have emailed support at the following two email addresses with separate emails:

priority@blueirissoftware.com (Email Sent On Sun, Jun 30)

and

support@blueirissoftware.com (Email Sent on Thu, Jun 27)

I have NOT gotten any response at all. Is there a proper way to get a response from support? I have checked my SPAM folder to confirm I did not get a response.

On a different topic, what is the difference between this forum and IP Cam Talk Forum?

Thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction.
MikeBwca

Re: Is Priority Support Working?

Post by MikeBwca »

In the BI option General tab, click 'Email support'. It will put into in your paste buffer. Then open you email client and paste the info in. The address to send to is at the top of the info.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi jeangv,

The email addresses look OK, so hopefully they will answer today. If you followed the instructions from MikeBwca, it adds in your BI licensing info which must make it easier for BI to identify priority customers.

This forum is the recently created official BI forum, and sometimes we even have Ken posting here. Ipcamstalks [sic] is a third party forum run by a guy with serious issues. He regularly rails against people for the most ridiculous reasons. I was banned from there because I helped somebody on this forum - he called it "aiding and abetting". It's your choice :roll:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
johnbert35

Post by johnbert35 »

It is not working for me. I emailed them 3 times with no response. I purchased thru MyCommerce, and when I try and look up my account it is not found. I emailed them and waiting for a response.
Awickedwench

Post by Awickedwench »

I think its a scam. There is no phone number provided. There is no “priority email”... it takes 24 hours for an answer to an email. And there is no chat feature. I’m demanding my $60 back
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Awickedwench,

I note that you have not answered my response to your other thread concerning your usb cameras. Did you try plugging them in to different controllers ? Your motherboard is likely to have two or even three controllers - look in Device Manager, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Whereismysupport

Post by Whereismysupport »

I have had the same issues - my renewal just came up via email and i cancelled it.
Every time i have emailed them i get crickets.
Useless company in my opinion.
They are selling bloated old technology under the impression that it's the best thing available.
My advice is to buy a load of similar brand cams (after some research) and use their built in software such as reolink or foscam.
Much easier to use and a lot less CPU required.
This software is old tech.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Odd. When I use the 'Email Support' button in BI settings General tab, Support has always responded. Sometimes it takes a day or two. A few times BI responded within a few hours. Ken has even offered to login remotely a few times.

I have the extended support. With Priority, you will get a phone support also.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

I give Ken credit for the work he is doing being a small operator. I love the software and for the price, I have gotten my moneys worth several times over the past couple of years. With the newer sub steam option CPU usage is not an issue anymore.