BlueIris Mobile App

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Re: BlueIris Mobile App

Post by MikeBwca »

I'm back to using the most recent versions of the Desktop & Android app. The Android app is using 155mb.
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Did anyone ever hear anything more about geofencing and if it was going to be restored to the new version of the mobile app?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In the latest Android app, the 'Geofence radius' option appeared.

But, when I select 'Enable', it responds with 'Missing background location permission'. Selecting 'Grant Permission' and the requester goes away. Geofence is still disabled.

Location is on.

Still broken, and I figure there still working on it.
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

I'm finding the enable as well but it gives me the location service warning as well. It's enabled on my Samsung Note but it never enables in the mobile app. No progress from what I can tell from developers.
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Has anyone found a work-around for this yet, other than buying a new phone, since they have decided to just ignore me? Surely there are more people with a Note 8 and similar generation phones that are running into this issue. For some reason they would not give me the apk for the previous version of the mobile app that worked just fine.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Has anyone found a work-around for this yet, other than buying a new phone
A work around, hmm. Is there a version of Lineage OS for your phone ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Still not working for me. I test it each time the Android app is updated.
I've pretty much accepted that this is a feature I will not be able to use... at least on the outdated/antique Android 9!!!
Jey

Post by Jey »

Hi!

I don't know if it's the best place to post this. If not, could you say me where I have to post.

1 - On the Android App, it could be great to be able to change resolution of the stream (like de Web interface). I changed the setting on the server to have a higher res, but it is a unique res. Sometimes I would like to have low res and sometime full res.

2 - I tried to receive Push Notification on alert. When I click on the notification, it opens the app but it's not going on the alert (I read that it has to do it).