BlueIris Mobile App

General discussion about Blue Iris
CBers

BlueIris Mobile App

Post by CBers »

Not sure I like the new version (v3.0.15) just released.

The landing page is awful and you have to select the cameras to view them, where before they were the opening page.

Anyone else updated and have any views?

Thanks.
terk

Re: BlueIris Mobile App

Post by terk »

In settings you used to be able to choose your opening page, can't you do that anymore?
jasestu

Post by jasestu »

Yup, it's there. Settings, toward the bottom "Default Log-In Area" Available options - Home, Cameras, Alerts, First Camera/Group, Selected Camera, Status.
Mikeuk

Post by Mikeuk »

I am having the same problem first screen just displays the CPU RAM and Disk status you have to click on the camera icon to see your cameras
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Yes on the Settings page you can change the "Default Log-In Area" from the Home Page to Cameras or Alerts.
Screenshot_20210216-075808.png
Screenshot_20210216-075808.png (114.63 KiB) Viewed 8529 times

That said, I'm not generally one to complain because I'm very happy with the software. The app is snappy and responsive and I'm very glad to see how active development is on everything. I did feel underwhelmed with the release though and feel it did not pay enough attention to aesthetics (yes, functionality did and should come first). I wish development had applied the Material Design language and also incorporated a 'Dark Mode' option. I updated the app in the middle of the night when I was woken up and the blinding white of the screen was a killer. Overall it doesn't seem like that much change visually from the previous version - which may have been intentional - but still I honestly expected more.

Again to reiterate, I still wouldn't go somewhere else, I'm very happy. It's just not a very attractive app.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Does anyone know where geofencing went on the new mobile app?
OgRoar

Post by OgRoar »

Seems to be no longer working with https and Stunnel using new Android app. Device can still access using browser and other iOS device can still use mobile app.

Reverted back to old app and its working with no server changes.
Last edited by OgRoar on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Bump.
Yikes! Now that you mention it...
terk

Post by terk »

I notice the settings are not accessible on my Android Tablet without rotating it to portrait, also when I went to turn off https for internal connections due to the new version breaking the connection to self signed certs that the save option wasn't available on my tablet without rotating the screen as well.
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Not sure where location permissions are. Checked in the app and on my server? It does still seem to understand the previous settings and that I am in my geofence though. The option to reset geofences is still there in the app.