Forum getting slow again?

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Forum getting slow again?

Post by MikeBwca »

Has anyone noticed that the forum is getting slow again?
37 guests, and only 1-3 registered users.
WmG

Re: Forum getting slow again?

Post by WmG »

Yesterday I would have said absolutely but today it's behaving as I would expect (except for a little extra effort to invoke the reply)
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Yes, there is serious delay on this forum when clicking on links to other threads, reading a post and other forum functions. I hope this is fixable because it cuts down the time that I have to read posts, get help for problems and help others.

If I could make a suggestion to the moderators or site admin, forcing each post to go through an moderator approval process only slows down the communications between the OP and the people trying to help. Instead of getting help with your question/problem in a few hours, it can take between a few hours to 12 hours waiting for each post to be approved and drag out longer than a day. It would be nice if the approval of each post was removed or at least after a new user has made a few posts under his/her belt.

I gather that this was done to prevent bots and people from spamming this site's forum. Many forums waive the approval process of each post once the user has between 2 - 5 posts under their belt.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
TimG

Post by TimG »

...or at least after a new user has made a few posts under his/her belt.
Hi reddawg, you will be please to know that it exactly how it is working. I'm on instant posts now :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.