Best way to add another monitor

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Best way to add another monitor

Post by TimG »

If it's not in response to an alert or some notification, When/Why do you open the browser on the stick?
Again, a simple answer. It may be just as I am about to turn off the tv or projector, I decide to have a quick look around to make sure nothing weird has happened. The firesticks (And the Shield) are mainly used for Netflix, Prime, Youtube, Emby, and as an Enigma2 client with Kodi for satellite tv from three dishes.

None of my tv's are "smart", so yes, the stick gives me all of the above functions on good solid "dumb" Panasonic Viera televisions.
I can't see how viewing UI3 on the stick is an advantage.
Hopefully the above explains it a bit better. I don't have any other way of viewing BI5 on these tv's, and the firesticks are doing an excellent job with all of the above programs running on them. Click on Silk, and view the cameras :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
YrbkMgr

Re: Best way to add another monitor

Post by YrbkMgr »

@ TimG
Okay, makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to think about it and reply - I really appreciate it. I have four display's that have a FireTV stick - two of those are dedicated to being BI clients via UI3 on the stick - one in the kitchen and one in the mudroom. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, and based on your answer I'm not.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.