Snow Flakes at Night Trigger Record Event

General discussion about Blue Iris
Rich58

Snow Flakes at Night Trigger Record Event

Post by Rich58 »

Is there a setting that I can adjust to prevent snow flakes from triggering an event. It only happens at night, I guess because of the longer time for the cameras shutter to be open causes the snow flake to streak across the screen. I am a noob to Blue Iris software so if anyone knows where this has already been addressed please forward a link. I don't want to turn off the triggering events at night to prevent the many recordings, because, there could be one that is an actual security event that needs to be addressed. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Jey

Re: Snow Flakes at Night Trigger Record Event

Post by Jey »

Hi!

Did you find a solution?
How do you manage?
terk

Post by terk »

DeepStack AI integration with BI helps reduce false alerts greatly but won't eliminate it completely, I've still had a wasp landing on the lens trigger an alert but it does make those false alerts so few and infrequent that I allow it to override do not disturb on my phone at night.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Being in Minnesota, I'm very familiar with your situation. There is no 100% cure.

terk mentioned Deepstack. DS will reduce false triggers. I do not use deepstack due to the cpu requirements.

What's your cameras fps? A higher fps will reduce the streaking, but you'll still have the issue.
Using zone crossing may reduce the false triggers.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Another strategy is to create a clone or a different profile for night that uses different settings for motion detection. If you run your false alert clips through the camera (test and tune context menu), then you should be able to evaluate triggering events and tweak the settings. It's a "guess and check" method, but it's one way to see if you can solve it.

I'd probably start with zone crossings like MikeBwca suggested.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.