Android TV client (Leanback)

General discussion about Blue Iris
3skimofo

Re: Android TV client (Leanback)

Post by 3skimofo »

I am very interested in Google Home integration and Android Tv app. I have Nvidia shield, 3 Lenovo Smart Displays, and a few Google Chromecasts.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Ken !

Can you hear us :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
mtan93

Post by mtan93 »

I’d pay separately for an Android TV app for Shield 🙌🏼
hx19035

Post by hx19035 »

mtan93 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:06 pm I’d pay separately for an Android TV app for Shield 🙌🏼
Same here! Shield all day long!!!
ctowle

Post by ctowle »

I am running a retail store in Maine and have been using BI for many years. I want to drop some TV's from the ceiling in a couple of the blind corners in the store like a lot of Walgreens and Walmarts do these days. Trying the ROKU with IP Camera Pro and Chromecast with no luck so trying a FireStick with Chrome next. I would easily pay for an HDMI stick solution supported by BI (Android TV, Roku, Fire Stick). It would just make deployment easier. The BI Mobile app is working in my environment just still trying to problem solve. Just my comment on this topic.
theDA

Post by theDA »

I saw this thread after years of searching for a solution and just had to add my name to the list -- I would very much like to see a client that's easy to use and works on the nvidia shield (tv) -- I've tried using a browser, but without a keyboard it's painful to type the address and auth..

I would be fine paying it... but I have also wondered if it could be added as a compatible device of the current android app so it will install and run as is? :?:
TimG

Post by TimG »

I would be fine paying it... but I have also wondered if it could be added as a compatible device of the current android app so it will install and run as is? :?:
I have the standard version sideloaded on the Shield and the 4K Firesticks. It does work to show my five cameras, but you need a keyboard or airmouse to be able to do anything with it.

Ken ! Can we have an android TV version of the BI client :?: That would be perfect.

Now can you guys send a message to support asking for this ? I think it would be a good selling point for BI5 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 pmKen ! Can we have an android TV version of the BI client :?: That would be perfect.
I'd pay for an Android version of the BI client.

In the meantime I sometimes use tinyCam, but a native Android version of BI would be wonderful. Unfortunately, it would also be a hell of a lot of work to port it over so I don't expect to see one anytime soon. I know what it's like being a single developer- there are a million things to do and you're the only one doing them.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
theDA

Post by theDA »

Thixotropic wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 pm I'd pay for an Android version of the BI client.
You can buy an android version for your phone -- works great on your phone -- but it will just not install or work on the nvidia shield tv

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_US
theDA

Post by theDA »

TimG wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 pm Now can you guys send a message to support asking for this ? I think it would be a good selling point for BI5 8-)
Done! :D