Android TV client (Leanback)

General discussion about Blue Iris
skinnerjack

Re: Android TV client (Leanback)

Post by skinnerjack »

yes would love that feature for my Globe TV
At present i am getting 'no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (60061)
TimG

Post by TimG »

You can buy an android version for your phone -- works great on your phone -- but it will just not install or work on the nvidia shield tv
Oh you can, but it's still not good due to the lack of control from the shield controller. I have it installed (sideloaded), and use Sideload Launcher to start it on the main screen. At least I can view the cameras, I just can't check recordings, or do anything useful with it.

I will ask Ken if this is on the roadmap for BI :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Jroberts0709

Post by Jroberts0709 »

I have several android tv boxes and would love the ability to have an app that works correctly for viewing camera feeds on my tv’s. I have two shields and one nexus player.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi all,

I have a response from support:
For the Android TV app, what I would really like is for a customer/developer to step up to assist with this. Unfortunately I likely do not have time personally to complete this anytime soon, but I am offering to make the API open for this purpose, it's documented in the current Help PDF.
All we need now is to find somebody who can sort it out :!: Any volunteers :?:
Forum Moderator.
something

Post by something »

With the new Chromecast with Google TV (based on Android TV), I was hoping to find a Blue Iris app. It would be great if there was one eventually.
DeaneG

Post by DeaneG »

I'm also looking for a client app to display BI camera streams on a Chromecast with Google TV. We're moving all our home TVs to these with only streaming video.

Or better a way to verbally ask Google "Cast Doorbell camera to Living Room TV", no app needed. This capability is getting to be standard stuff for 3rd party smart home devices and apps.
Last edited by DeaneG on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigbillsd

Post by bigbillsd »

I would buy one too! Or even a device to do it. It would be even cooler if it could pop up a PIP with a camera sensing motion, like someone walking up the front walkway or pulling into the driveway. That sounds like a money printing opportunity. Wow.
S&B:BI 5.8.0.16 W11pro-23H2,16 Reolink RLC-410 5MP, 4 E1PRO 4MP, 1 RLC-823A-16X,DELL T-40,E-2224G CPU,24 GB,3 @ WD Blue 6TB HD.
RV:BI 5.8.0.16,W11pro-23H2,4 Wyzecam v2 RTSP,NUC I-5-8259U CPU,16 GB RAM
TimG

Post by TimG »

I would buy one too! Or even a device to do it. It would be even cooler if it could pop up a PIP with a camera sensing motion, like someone walking up the front walkway or pulling into the driveway. That sounds like a money printing opportunity. Wow.
I agree ! Make it easy, and people will want it :D

I still have UI3 working on the Firestick 4K devices with the Am@zon Silk browser (Which has a cursor), and that works well for general camera viewing, and recordings too. My Nvidia Shield doesn't have a default browser, and I still haven't managed to sideload Silk on to that. I do have the BI5 android client sideloaded on there, but without a mouse it's only good for seeing the live screen with all cameras at the same time.

We need an android Leanback client :idea:

Well, unless anybody has heard any rumours of both android versions merging in the future :shock:
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

OK, Am@zon Silk browser sideloaded onto the Shield, and UI3 is working well.

In case you are not aware, this browser has a cursor so you don't need a mouse or a £$£$ extra plug in to get a cursor. I now have it working on the 4K Firesticks, and the Nvidia Shield.

Silk is not perfect, but it will be good enough until we get a Leanback client.

Ken: See below. This is what I am thinking, and bigbillsd has said it too:
It would be even cooler if it could pop up a PIP with a camera sensing motion, like someone walking up the front walkway or pulling into the driveway. That sounds like a money printing opportunity. Wow.
Forum Moderator.