WiFi Doorbell 2 Way Comms

General discussion about Blue Iris
jackiellowery

WiFi Doorbell 2 Way Comms

Post by jackiellowery »

How does Blue Iris integrate with WiFi doorbells like the Amcrest Wifi Doorbell? Does the mobile app support push notifications from the doorbell? Can I use the doorbell's 2 way comms and speak to the person at the door?
jwgizmo

Re: WiFi Doorbell 2 Way Comms

Post by jwgizmo »

jackiellowery wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:18 pm How does Blue Iris integrate with WiFi doorbells like the Amcrest Wifi Doorbell? Does the mobile app support push notifications from the doorbell? Can I use the doorbell's 2 way comms and speak to the person at the door?
I have one and it integrates via Generic/ONVIF: RTSP port 554 ONVIF port 80. If you know the IP address and password of the camera, Blue Iris will find it. The Amcrest mobile app will allow 2-way communications. I use the doorbell cam with motion trigger zone alert recording in BI, and disabled it in the Amcrest app. So if someone rings the bell the push notification comes to the phone app and I communicate with them. If a person enters the set zone triggers, BI will capture a min 20 sec recording. If they remain, the recording will continue. Word of caution - You can not access the doorbell config via your web browser (bummer). You have to config via the app, which leaves a lot to be desired if you want to tweak settings like most of us here...
AMD R5, 16 GB, Win10, BI, 10 cams 3 Amcrest Turret 4K, 2 Annke CZ500 25X 4MP, 1 Annke C800 4K, 2 Amcrest indoor PTZ 1080P, 1 Dahua PTZ 1080P, 1 Amcrest 1080P Doorbell. 2 -1TB M.2 SSD, 1- 2TB HD|< 25 % load |1 27" 1080P, 1 28" 4K | Daily PC