Suggestion for marketing

General discussion about Blue Iris
Sparks

Suggestion for marketing

Post by Sparks »

Suggest having a link to the sales page and to the main BI web site, from the forum. I don't see any links on the forum at all. Might be nice to promote the software there, show any sales promotions etc. Some banners with links like "Click here to save 10%" might be an effective promo, without getting in the way of a good forum experience.

I am a few years into using BI4 and thinking of the upgrade to BI5 and came to the forum to see if there was any sale going on. I am not sure if there had been a promo but it did not occur to me to visit during either Black Friday or Christmas.
atreyu

Re: Suggestion for marketing

Post by atreyu »

I get the impression that although it uses the domain, I don’t think the company heavily monitors the forums. It’s provided for the users to discuss. Not saying the users couldn’t be announcing those.

But good question, where do the BI developers hang out to discuss all things BI? IPCamTalk, Reddit, Discord, YouTube comments, here???
Thixotropic

Re: Suggestion for marketing

Post by Thixotropic »

atreyu wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:53 am But good question, where do the BI developers hang out to discuss all things BI? IPCamTalk, Reddit, Discord, YouTube comments, here???
There's only one developer as far as I know.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS