Minor Bug Report

General discussion about Blue Iris
Thixotropic

Minor Bug Report

Post by Thixotropic »

I've noticed a couple of times when I've clicked to install the latest BI upgrade, sometimes a dialog box appears stating, "Connection lost".

When the "Connection lost" dialog box appears, it blocks the next process, which is stopping the BI service.

The "Stopping BI service" notice will sit there indefinitely until someone manually closes the "Connection lost" dialog box behind it. If no one closes the box then the upgrade never occurs.

Soooo.maybe check for the presence of the "Connection lost" dialog box and auto close it if it appears during the upgrade process.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Re: Minor Bug Report

Post by TimG »

Are you sure that's a BI5 message ? I've never seen it here, and my internet is a rock solid 360+Mbps :shock:

Running BI5 as a service too.

I think that's one for Ken.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I caught it and got a screen shot...definitely a BI error. The larger dialog box appears and then the smaller one appears. They'll sit there like that forever or until someone manually clicks the OK button on the larger dialog box.

Maybe Ken could put in a few seconds of delay or disable that dialog trigger or something.
shutdown-error.png
shutdown-error.png (25.24 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:10 pm Looks a message from the BI UI when the service is stopped to perform the update.
That's exactly what is it. There's some race condition going on with the updates; every once in a while it stumbles and this happens.
R4nger

Post by R4nger »

jhankins

Post by jhankins »

FWIW, this happens for me too. Fairly infrequently (20% of the time?) when upgrading. Pretty sure it breaks the installer and I have to rerun the upgrade.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I've not had it break the installer or upgrade, but if I don't catch it then it'll sit there all day *not* recording anything until I see it.

A bug that breaks the entire system like this needs to be fixed.

jhankins wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:55 am FWIW, this happens for me too. Fairly infrequently (20% of the time?) when upgrading. Pretty sure it breaks the installer and I have to rerun the upgrade.