Blue Iris 5 Not starting

General discussion about Blue Iris
ashima

Blue Iris 5 Not starting

Post by ashima »

Hello,

I have a requirement for a setup of about 200 IP cameras. So thought of trying Blue Iris before actually buying the software.

I downloaded the latest BlueIris 5 and tried installing it but it simply refused to run.

I have gone through the forum. Installed Visual Studio C++ 2015-2019 for x86 n x64 and C++ 2013 for x86 n x64.
But it is not working.

Here are the details

OS Version : Win 10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572)

Hardware : Intel Xeon E31220 @ 3.10 Ghz
8 GB Ram

This is just a trial system setup.

Is your software compatible with the latest Windows ?
Any Pointers ?
Thixotropic

Re: Blue Iris 5 Not starting

Post by Thixotropic »

Can you explain what you mean by "refused to run"? Exactly what happens when you try to run it? Are there any error messages or alerts?

Also, if BI is running as a service then the GIU won't appear the first time you launch it- launching it a second time will bring up the GUI. (That's probably not it, but worth mentioning just in case.)

ashima wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:41 pm I downloaded the latest BlueIris 5 and tried installing it but it simply refused to run.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
ashima

Post by ashima »

Thanks for replying.

The application just gets killed immediately after starting. WIndows Event Viewer shows application error. Nothing comes up in task manager and no it is not running as service.

I have attached the Event Log.
Attachments
Error_BlueIris_Win10.png
Error_BlueIris_Win10.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 4887 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

You can view the 'Reliability Monitor' to see issues with Windows 10 programs, and, get a detailed view of the issue.

A few ways to open:
- Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor
- Type 'Reliability' in Windows search, then click 'View Reliability Report'.
ashima

Post by ashima »

Thank you for your reply.

I had posted the Log from Windows Event Viewer. But the post still awaiting approval from the moderator.

I am posting the output obtained from Reliability Monitor as an attachment. Thanks for that info.
Attachments
BlueIrisErrorWin10.png
BlueIrisErrorWin10.png (21.29 KiB) Viewed 4880 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi ashima,

1. Blue Iris is for up to 64 cameras unless it has recently changed.
2. It works well with Win10 20H2 so there is no problem there.
3. There are people here running BI5 with Xeon cpu's, so that's not a show stopper.

What does Reliability history show you ? You can double click on the faulting item to get a deeper description of the issue.

Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ashima

Post by ashima »

Thanks everyone for the support.

I have posted Error log from Windows Event Viewer and also from reliability history as an attachment in my earlier posts. But the posts are still pending for approval.
Moderator can you please approve my post so that the forum members can view the error and help me.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think this is one for support. Please send them an email and please let us know what the response is.

Bex64 is Windows explorer crashing :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ashima

Post by ashima »

Thank you all the support.

I am in touch with Sam. I have sent a copy of error log to him. Awaiting a reply from him.
Surely update once I receive a reply.

Meanwhile I have assembled another system for testing. An i7 with 16 Gb RAM AMD Radeon A700 Series Graphics.
Guess What it is working fine in this. I could view 64 cameras with few initial glitches.

Next step is to add an external storage ( FreeNAS system). Any pointers to do so with blue Iris.