Date format on mobile app

General discussion about Blue Iris
gyrex

Date format on mobile app

Post by gyrex »

I just bought BI & the Android App. Everything seems to be working fine so far except that the Android app seems to have the date formated as MM/DD/YYYY rather than the normal DD/MM/YYYY. Is there any way to change this? I can't seem to find this option in the settings.
TimG

Re: Date format on mobile app

Post by TimG »

Hi gyrex,

Same issue here. Can you send a message to Support and let us know what they say ?

Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
gyrex

Post by gyrex »

TimG wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:02 pm Hi gyrex,

Same issue here. Can you send a message to Support and let us know what they say ?

Tim
Good idea Tim. I'll send them a message and relay their response here.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I assume both your server and mobile device are configured to show in the format DD/MM/YYYY? It might be an oversight hard coded config in the app as MM/DD/YYYY is the typical format used in the 'states'.

If it is, maybe it's not to late to adust that in the upcoming new android app.... Ken leaked that its expected in Q1 2021 :D
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Matts1984,

Hard coded sounds right, as my settings are correct for the UK. Time to take some of my own advice, and contact Support :lol:

Tim

PS> Support email sent.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I took it a stage further, and checked the main BI5 GUI as well.

1. The date at the top of the screen was mm/dd/yy (and we are dd/mm/yy in the UK so it is not accepting Windows localisation settings).
2. BI settings was in the UK format.
3. Individual camera filenames are defaulting to y/m/d but that seems logical (Can be changed from default if required).
4. But the android mobile shows mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss:xxx above a playing recording, even with "Use server timezone" = ON in settings.

Ken has already responded that he has sorted out 1) and will get 4) sorted too :D

Thanks Ken :D

Happy New Year to all.

PS> 5.3.7.6 loaded today and 1) is indeed fixed 8-)
Forum Moderator.