Hi all - new to BI

General discussion about Blue Iris
yonnysmith

Hi all - new to BI

Post by yonnysmith »

HI all,

Just into my 4th day of trying out BI. So far very happy.
Exhausted all other options - motioneye/ipsy/motion/zoneminder/frigate etc.
I use homeassistant also so have mqtt integrated with nodered etc.

Having a cheap and cheerful dahua nvr for constant recording of my cctv I wanted much better motion and object detection.

Now I have BI running as a service on a i7 7700 32GB dell. Homeassistant is on a mini pc 4GB with small ssd (this was not suitable for any image processing).

I have used the fork of the AI tool for processing. Also deepstack as a container on my homeassistant mini pc with ubuntu.
AI tool is running as a service also.
Just restarted my dell and all services started well. Can assess via web also. (using nginx proxy/dns name on the ubuntu so no open ports on the gateway).

At first I was using the standard motion detection on BI but our garden had so many light changes and other movements I needed more control of object detection only.

2nd day into using AI but I'm finding detection is not very good at nighttime so far. BI standard motion detection is good at nightime but too sensitive during the daytime.

Most probably I'll cough up the 70 bucks. Tried so many of the free source options but too many late nights and head scratching moments. (not good for family life either!!)

Thanks