Jog Shuttle Support for BlueIris?

General discussion about Blue Iris
andymanone

Re: Jog Shuttle Support for BlueIris?

Post by andymanone »

Hi Mike,

sorry, but I guess I need your help again... :(

I´v bought the Pro a couple of days ago and today I´ve tried to install it in a proper way.

The Pro was successfully recognised by the System and I´ve installed the latest Contour Device Configuration tool.

All buttons react as expected. After than I´ve imported your BluIris Conf-File and I saw, that the BluIris Config was added and response on all Buttons (see Picture atttached).

But unfortunately, BluIris doesn´t response to the controller actions. First of all I tried it with my Version 4 , so I afraid, it will only works with V5.

So I made an Upgrade to v5 , but the same result :(.

So I guess, there ist something to do in the BlueIris Configuration menu to bring it up to work ?

Sorry for the dumbster question, but I hope you can help me...

Thanks in advance ,

andY
ShuttlePro BlueIris.JPG
ShuttlePro BlueIris.JPG (51.15 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

The Shuttle's profile is changed automatically via the Contour service, which has an icon in the System tray. The icon looks like the jog wheel.
With BlueIris selected, highlight the Contour icon on the system tray. It should say 'Blueiris.exe has the focus'.

How are you using the Shuttle within BI? It's setup for viewing video either via clips or Timeline.

AhhhhhHHHHHhhhhhh... I think I may know why...
The keypresses must be configured in BlueIris settings 'Keyboard shortcut' tab. I believer all you need to add are the top 2 rows, and the left/right buttons. The jog-Right and Jog-left use the same keys as the buttons. And I believe the Shuttle ring will use these shortcuts.

The easiest way to do this...
- Open the Shuttle Control Panel
- Bring up the BlueIris Application setting.
- Press each button on the shuttle to bring up it's setting.
- Look at the keystroke and Comment, and add the keystroke as a shortcut in BlueIris.
Not really sure how I set up the 'Shuttle in Right/Left'. But, as long as the shortcuts are added, I think they will work - as well as the shuttle transitions.

Sorry about this. I added the shortcuts long before I got the ShuttlePro. I'll look at a way to export the keyboard shortcuts from the BI registry, to make it easier to add them to BlueIris.
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Hi Mike,

first off all, thanks a lot for your additional hints!

So I thought, thats the solution and I´ve just tried it asap, like described,
but it doesn´t work.

The Icon in the Taskbar shows "Blueiris.exe has the focus" (see attached picture)

Than I´ve added all the from ShuttlePro shown Keystrokes to BlueIris "Keyboard Shortcuts". (see attached picture)

If I press the defined keys on the standard keyboard it reacts as expected, but if I press the adequate ShuttlePro Buttons, nothing happens..

So I had the idea, to make a crosscheck and opened in Bluiris a custom text field: here I pressed the button "Play" and "Play/Pause" and it should show the proper characters "D" or "S", but nothing happens.

It seems to me, that the System doesn´t "pass through" the Controller generated "Key strokes" to BlueIris ....

Thats very strange.....

I´ve no idea, whats the problem is.

I am grateful for any help.

BR,
andY

Shuttle Pro 01.JPG
Shuttle Pro 01.JPG (14.85 KiB) Viewed 5966 times

Shuttle Pro 02.JPG
Shuttle Pro 02.JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Opening a text field in BI and pressing the Shuttle buttons is a good idea - Have not thought of that.

In one of my cameras settings General tab, I clicked in the 'Notes' field and pressed the shuttle buttons and the job/shuttle wheels. The keystrokes appeared.

When the Shuttle Service says BI has control, the shuttle just acts like a keyboard and sends keystrokes to whatever pgm has control.

Can you try using the Shuttle for other programs like web browsers and viewing video? Do they work? This would confirm if it's a global issue, or just with BI.

Let's concentrate on a few buttons - the lower row middle 'Play/Pause' button , rather than all of them. Once we get that working, the rest should fall in line.

- Double click a clip to start playing it, then press the Shuttle 'Play/Pause' button to start and stop the clip?
- The User account that your using to view BI... is it set to Administrator?

Maybe it's a Language difference between the config file and your system?
You may want to remove (delete) the BlueIris settings from the Shuttle Control Panel, and define a new 'Blueiris.exe' profile. Then test by defining the 'Play/Pause' button only.

I'm at a loss on this. I feel bad because you spent the $ on this. If you open the Shuttcle Control Panel, then click on 'About', it will have the support email, website, and 800 number to call.
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Hi Mike,

thanks for your feedback and sorry for my late response!

I'm at a loss on this. I feel bad because you spent the $ on this.
first of all I want to say you don´t have to feel bad!!!
Everything is fine and I´m happy that´s you support me!

Can you try using the Shuttle for other programs like web browsers and viewing video? Do they work? This would confirm if it's a global issue, or just with BI.
I saw, that the Shuttle Pro Control-Program has a generic "MS Word" Config, so I´ve tried it out with MS Word and it works fine also a test with Youtube Videos works fine with the Shuttle Pro,
so I guess its not a global issue, so only with BI.

- The User account that your using to view BI... is it set to Administrator?
Yes...

Maybe it's a Language difference between the config file and your system?

Thats maybe an idea.....
I use a german Windows 10 Pro, but BI and ShuttlePro Tools works in english

You may want to remove (delete) the BlueIris settings from the Shuttle Control Panel, and define a new 'Blueiris.exe' profile. Then test by defining the 'Play/Pause' button only.
Ok, I´ll try it out asap!

BR & many thanks for your patience!

andY
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I got the Shuttle Pro V2 and imported the conf file, but it doesn't work for me. One of the buttons does something, but none of the others seem to do anything.

The Shuttle software detects it's on BI, the conf file imported correctly and appears as a selection in the application dropdown, but the only button that works at all is the "Next Clip" button, and that just makes it restart the clip from the beginning. (??)

What am I doing wrong? :roll:
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I would try making a new profile for Blue Iris, and manually setting buttons to see if that resolves the issues.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I went through and assigned most of the buttons and the twist-ring control. It's pretty close to what I want so far. I was looking for a full list of all the keyboard commands and shortcuts and couldn't find one; is there one?

Also, here's my preferences file for the Shuttle Pro V2; I'll try and upload a diagram of the mappings but a little playing around with it will make it all clear. I followed MikeBwca's general layout for the button assignments and it seems to work pretty well. Feel free to try it out and let me know if it works for you.

The forum won't let me upload a .pref file, so I put it up here: https://we.tl/t-JLxbBwh54s (Blue_Iris_v5a.pref, 12kb)
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

One last note on the Shuttle Pro V2....I'm a convert. It's a must-have if you review video footage regularly.

After getting the Shuttle Pro all configured, I gotta say it's awesome. It's a breeze to move through clips, speed ahead, rewind, step forward/backward, etc etc. Truly a game changer that makes it super convenient to review stored video.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Here's a shot of my current button assignments with my own labels. Still not sure what to do with the remaining buttons. (??)
spv2_buttons.jpg
spv2_buttons.jpg (63.37 KiB) Viewed 5475 times