Jog Shuttle Support for BlueIris?

General discussion about Blue Iris
andymanone

Jog Shuttle Support for BlueIris?

Post by andymanone »

Dear community,

I´ve a question:

exist there any kind of supported hardware Controller / Jog shuttle to use it with BlueIris?

I know for instance about the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse / Space Navigator (also compatible with Google Earth application)

Especially in the case of "searching tons of hours of recorded Video-files" it could be extremly useful.

Exist there any supported Hardware?

Any experiences or suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance,

andY
MikeBwca

Re: Jog Shuttle Support for BlueIris?

Post by MikeBwca »

ShuttlePro V2.png
ShuttlePro V2.png (153.5 KiB) Viewed 6640 times

I have a ShuttlePro v2 by Contour. I use it mainly for video editing with Roxio Videowave and Davinci, but it also works great with BlueIris, VLC, Web browsers, and just about any Windows program. I use it in Starcraft II and other games, for macros to execute several commands at once.

Shuttle Pro V2 by Contour: https://www.contourdesign.com/product/shuttle/

If your interested, I'll upload the BlueIris config file that I setup.

Here is a map of the buttons...
- The outer Shuttle ring's settings are listed on the left and right. As you rotate it further, the speed increases/decreases.
- The inner Jog ring (with the 3 insets), move forward/back 1 frame as it's rotated. The faster you rotate, the faster the frames move.

There are 2 Play/Pause buttons. The lower left button I found is easy to press with my thumb.

BlueIris.html.png
BlueIris.html.png (175.63 KiB) Viewed 6569 times
Last edited by MikeBwca on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

Meanwhile - before I read your posting now - I took a closer look to the "Contour Design ShuttleXpress",
but was not able to get more information about matching this with BlueIris.

So I´m happy, that you can confirm that it works with Contour!

Do you also have some experience with the "ShuttleXpress" or would you say,
only the Pro is the right one?

Btw., if you could upload the Setup file, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

andY
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I would recommend the Pro.

I considered the ShuttleExpress, but eventually choose the Pro due to it's additional buttons. The main reason was that the Pro version was elongated.

With the Express being round, I thought that it may be possible to get disoriented with the buttons. With the Pro, that is eliminated as your hand can get positioned without looking.

One nice thing about the Shuttle Windows service, is that it automatically switches profiles for the program that has focus. Meaning you don't have to tell it to anything. Except fine tune the profile.

I found the Blue Iris profile somewhere (I forget). It may have been on the Contour website.

Attached is the ShuttlePro V2 BI profile and info files.
Attachments
ShuttelProV2 BI config.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Okay, you talked me into it, lol. To be honest, I don't review footage very often but I think I'll get one of these anyway just as a cool/handy add-on to my BI setup; it looks super useful.

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 pm I would recommend the Pro.

I considered the ShuttleExpress, but eventually choose the Pro due to it's additional buttons. The main reason was that the Pro version was elongated.

With the Express being round, I thought that it may be possible to get disoriented with the buttons. With the Pro, that is eliminated as your hand can get positioned without looking.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thixotropic wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:24 pm Okay, you talked me into it, lol. ...
Great! I'm sure you'll find it useful.

I also use it when viewing video using VLC, and, video editing software like Davinci.
(I'm not affiliated with Contour in any way)

Years ago when I purchased my first video editing software, Roxio Videowave 4, it came with a InFocus editing hardware, which had similar button, jog & Shuttle wheel. And, it also had a fade lever. Unfortunately, the InFocus hardware was coded into the Roxio software, and when I upgraded the software, the support was dropped! I've been looking for an affordable alternative ever since.
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Great, Mike!

Thanks for all!

So I´ve just bought a Shuttle Pro V2 :D .

Btw:
It seems to me, that this topic is interesting for a couple of other users here too, thats nice 8-) .

Thx & Gtx.
andY
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm going to wait for Cyber Monday and see if there are any sales on the Pro V2, but either way this thing is as good as got.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Thixotropic wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:04 pm I'm going to wait for Cyber Monday and see if there are any sales on the Pro V2, but either way this thing is as good as got.
I grabbed it yesterday for 77€ incl. S&H on Amazon.

Cheers,
andY
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

That's a good price, about US $90. It's currently on Amazon for $99 but I'm betting some place will discount it for the holidays; if not then I'll buy it at the regular price.