How to use external device to trigger Blue Iris Camera

General discussion about Blue Iris
Brucew

How to use external device to trigger Blue Iris Camera

Post by Brucew »

Not sure if this is in the right part of the forum but.
Does anybody have a system set up with an external trigger setting a Blue Iris camera to record.
I installed my camera’s a number of years ago to detect the wildlife in my garden. I am quite happy with my cameras where they are detecting people or vehicles but have struggled in achieving satisfactory triggering of cameras when wildlife is concerned. No matter what I try I get so many false triggers either from moths flying about or spider webs in front of the cameras.
I would dearly like to set up an external dual sensor device and get it to trigger one or more of my Blue Iris cameras.
I have seen a few articles, one using a Raspberry Pi and a remote sensor but I have been unable to get the python script to work. Not being a programmer I can only copy what is written down.
So if anybody has a working system which uses an external trigger to activate the record on a Blue Iris camera and can show me how they did it I would be very grateful.
terk

Re: How to use external device to trigger Blue Iris Camera

Post by terk »

http://[BIServerIP]:[Port]/admin?trigger&camera=[ShortCamName]&user=[BIUserName]&pw=[BIPassword]

Is the command to trigger your camera remotely. You'd need to make sure you've disabled Use Secure Session Keys and Login Page setting in the Advanced Web Server configuration screen.

I use this command to trigger my cameras from the server itself but from another app the AITools and DeepStack artificial intelligence where it can detect people, cats, dogs, bears, cows, cars...
54ED2E6E-318F-4819-95DD-A107B5E2122D.jpeg
54ED2E6E-318F-4819-95DD-A107B5E2122D.jpeg (106.21 KiB) Viewed 7706 times
711C7A25-372B-4C8A-BB62-FCDB4BE09717.jpeg
711C7A25-372B-4C8A-BB62-FCDB4BE09717.jpeg (69.37 KiB) Viewed 7706 times
I have this camera set to trigger on people only so it didn't trigger an alert but your able to look back at the history to see what all it analyzed.
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

I use my home automation system Homeseer which is connected to an alarm system with various PIR and door and gate sensors.

Currently use Homeseer to trigger one of my BI cameras when my back yard gate opens. HomeSeer sends the url to trigger that camera when ever gate sensor reports open. Same example url as previous person posted. It is in help file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TimG

Post by TimG »

+1 for Homeseer.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
icecoldusa

Post by icecoldusa »

How do u set the url requests?
Serodgers wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:07 pm I use my home automation system Homeseer which is connected to an alarm system with various PIR and door and gate sensors.

Currently use Homeseer to trigger one of my BI cameras when my back yard gate opens. HomeSeer sends the url to trigger that camera when ever gate sensor reports open. Same example url as previous person posted. It is in help file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk