Want to find Seattle-area BlueIris Installer

General discussion about Blue Iris
martynl

Want to find Seattle-area BlueIris Installer

Post by martynl »

I am about to install cameras and a recording system inside my house. The goal is not home security but to observe our new son and nanny when we are at work.

My tentative preference (for various reasons) is a PC-based solution and BlueIris (or maybe similar) software. But I know very little about this, so I am looking to find a company in the Seattle area with experience of installing BlueIris based systems.

Can anyone recommend a company with this experience? So far every company I talk to just wants to sell me NVRs and has never done a PC-based system.

Thanks,

Martyn Lovell
hashthis

Re: Want to find Seattle-area BlueIris Installer

Post by hashthis »

Did anyone ever get an answer to this? I also need this.
TimG

Re: Want to find Seattle-area BlueIris Installer

Post by TimG »

Hi Guys,

Blue Iris is an enthusiasts dream, and it is totally full of things that you can tweak. It will work with IP cameras from multiple vendors, allowing you to build the system you need. A NVR is the opposite. One (or two) types of camera, and fit and forget. My opinion is that you will not find many companies installing BI5, as they don't want to be called out twice a week when a Windows update has upset your BI5 pc :shock:

The installation of internal nanny cam systems is probably as easy as it gets for cctv, because you don't need super high resolution cameras with maxed out IP ratings, IR lighting, or zoned triggers. The difficult part would be pulling the wires - unless you find a good wifi solution.

We can help you with any user questions, but since this is the official Blue Iris forum, I can only tell you that BI5 rulez :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.